Expectations of the new coach

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the style of football which has been developed and take us to the next level.

Bring experience generally - to the squad and matchday tactics, ability to change things.

Give the Academy players the belief that they can take a step up - and give them a chance

(I think the right type of players, style will come to Derby)

Success will follow this - I expect us challenging next season.

Perhaps 2 things:

1) To figure out how to get a draw at home against a rubbish team when we need one.

2) To figure out how to get a win at Wembley with a 1-man advantage and 30 minutes + 30 minutes Extra Time to go in the game. 

I expect the fans to stay patient if things are not going well, no Clement out hashtags until the summer at least.

I expect the fans not to expect promotion or even the play offs in Clements debut season in management....don't start with that head coach ******!

I expect that if Derby are doing well, top of the league and flying, playing just like Real Madrid to expect rumours of interest in Clement and not to get their knickers in a twist like they did last season.

I expect the fans to give the players a clean slate, including Keogh and to allow them time to adapt to Clements tactics.

I don't expect Clement to copy McClarens tactics or style of football. 

I have no expectations with players coming in or out, although if Clement even tries to sign that Joey Barton thug I'll be starting the #ClementOut hashtag before the season has even started!

Actually I'll extend that to any of those QPR mercenary rejects 

I expect the fans not to expect promotion or even the play offs in Clements debut season in management....don't start with that head coach ******!

​Assuming he accepts the offer....

With the squad which he will be inheriting and the salary the board will be paying, play offs will be a bare minimum of expectations.

The pressure will be on Clement will be there. Of that there is no doubt.

McClaren has just been given the boot for failing to get into the top 6. Are you seriously trying to suggest the board would bring in a new guy, experienced or not, and accept anything less?

In this game, it's all about success or failure. Anything outside of the top 6 and he will have failed in that objective.

I expect the fans to stay patient if things are not going well, no Clement out hashtags until the summer at least.

I expect that if Derby are doing well, top of the league and flying, playing just like Real Madrid to expect rumours of interest in Clement and not to get their knickers in a twist like they did last season.

I expect the fans to give the players a clean slate, including Keogh and to allow them time to adapt to Clements tactics.

I have no expectations with players coming in or out, although if Clement even tries to sign that Joey Barton thug I'll be starting the #ClementOut hashtag before the season has even started!

Is the forum closing down then ! 

​Assuming he accepts the offer....

With the squad which he will be inheriting and the salary the board will be paying, play offs will be a bare minimum of expectations.

The pressure will be on Clement will be there. Of that there is no doubt.

McClaren has just been given the boot for failing to get into the top 6. Are you seriously trying to suggest the board would bring in a new guy, experienced or not, and accept anything less?

In this game, it's all about success or failure. Anything outside of the top 6 and he will have failed in that objective.

​Not at all, I expect if we finished outside the top 6 then the board would sack him, doesn't mean that the fans shouldn't have the same we want instant success mentality. Hate to bring Clough into this but he we are often told by those that liked Clough and was against his sacking that this is his squad, these are his players although he failed time and time again to make the play offs yet was given time. Some believe he was getting there and if given more time we would be promoted.

Roos, Christie, Shotton, Warnock, Albentosa and permanently injured George Thorne are the only new players that are here since Clough, I don't look at these players as being the difference between mid table and promotion. Our loan players made the difference which none are still here and we haven't yet replaced.

If Clough was given time with his squad why shouldn't Clement be allowed the same and a chance to put his own stamp on? are we expecting Clement to be a carbon copy of McClaren and carry on from where he left off without the Newcastle speculation?

If Derby were to go crazy and spend millions in the summer expectations would fly through the roof, spending millions doesn't always guarantee instant success either, sometimes it just works and everything clicks, others need a season just to settle. 

For me this is Clements debut into management he should be given a season of no pressure to get to grips of the club, this could be the best thing to happen to Derby County but we may have to stay patient. You now what the Guinness adverts tell us

Is this the DCFCFans 2015/2016 manifesto? I like it.

Is this the DCFCFans 2015/2016 manifesto? I like it.

​I'm like the leader of the Green Party surrounded by Labour voters that want everything regardless of the financial implications and they want it all now!

Sure I'll get a few votes but my voice won't be heard above the boo's if we are not top by September

​I'm like the leader of the Green Party surrounded by Labour voters that want everything regardless of the financial implications and they want it all now!

Sure I'll get a few votes but my voice won't be heard above the boo's if we are not top by September

What are you trying to say as your man McClaren been in touch. 

I think Nigel got more stick myself. 

What are you trying to say as your man McClaren been in touch. 

​The similarities between McClaren and Ed Miliband are there, both were good for a meme, McClaren with his brolly and Miliband his bacon sandwich, both were the leader and had everyone behind them until they left. Now both would never win anything and wasn't the right man for the job.

I expect to be consistently entertained with good football to make it worth my while podding out the time and money to go to games. That's it.

​The similarities between McClaren and Ed Miliband are there, both were good for a meme, McClaren with his brolly and Miliband his bacon sandwich, both were the leader and had everyone behind them until they left. Now both would never win anything and wasn't the right man for the job.

McClaren was the right man for the job but for one reason or another it didn't work out. 

DCFC are moving on what's the problem .

Archived