McClaren Gone

Cam the Ram

Was sacking McClaren the right decision?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't be any loyalty with any of the players especially the defence ( if we ever had one )can see some one coming in and giving it a right good mix up ,if some of the players had a part in the demise of STeve going they may very well regret it once a new manager is appointed,would love to see Bent and Ince resume with us but grant and the back four should be very worried,Albentosa prob given benefit of doubt,but am afraid the our defensive unit just not up to it

​Now you created a paradox 

​It's not a paradox, just means that both the other two could be true. Or alternatively if the statement "One of these is a lie" is in fact that lie, it could be that both of the other two statements were both lies.

In effect, eddies post tells us nothing. Just like the journos. You always become what you hate.

I voted no. 

Steve shouldn't have been sacked, though, and unless there is conclusive proof that he active seeked out the Newcastle job then I don't believe the reason behind it has any grounding. It sends out a bad message. 

Saying that, I'm excited about the prospect of Paul Clement as I think he's got a lot of pedigree (not chum) and could be the man that sets up apart from the rest. 

Morris, and the others, will now have to back his man and give him the tools to ensure that this doesn't leave us with egg on our face. It's a big decision and despite on what you're writing or thinking now, it's highly likely that if this goes wrong that the finger of blame will point to this decision as a bad point in our history! 

I voted no. 

Steve shouldn't have been sacked, though, and unless there is conclusive proof that he active seeked out the Newcastle job then I don't believe the reason behind it as any grounding. It sends out a bad message. 

Saying that, I'm excited about the prospect of Paul Clement as I think he's got a lot of pedigree (not chum) and could be the man that sets up apart from the rest. 

Morris, and the others, will now have to back his man and give him the tools to ensure that this doesn't leave us with egg on our face. It's a big decision and despite on what you're writing or thinking now, it's highly likely that if this goes wrong that the finger of blame will point to this decision as a bad point in our history! 

​or if it goes right it was a huge step to success in our history. Glass always half fall ambitious.

I did vote no, mostly down to the fear of the unknown.

12 months down the line we could be looking back at this as the worst decision the club ever made as we prepare for a season in league 1, or this could be a stroke of genius and Paul Clements statue is being polished after winning the treble.

Its going to be an interesting year.

​or if it goes right it was a huge step to success in our history. Glass always half fall ambitious.

​Absolutely. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing: Everyone has their opinions on whether this is right or wrong and who should come in. 

We had people once praising the Conor Sammon signing and moaning about Chris Martin and Jake Buxton's. It will all come out in the wash - everything now is just a prediction. 

What happens to Chris Evans and this relatively new structure we've got in place?

​Won't change anything I think that's what wen Bradley said other day.

What happens to Chris Evans and this relatively new structure we've got in place?

​Probably buying shares as we speak:D

Personally I'm so torn on the decision to part company with Steve McClaren that I don't feel like I can vote currently.

On the one hand, I'm disappointed that such a bright and exciting era in the club's recent history has ended with 2 months of disappointing results and the sacking of a manager who as recently as 6 months ago, most of us were incredibly happy with. Derby connections, knew the club, the fans and the city well and had hardly put a foot wrong while he was here. 

On the other, I felt this flat and disappointed when Clough left, and it was only retrospectively I was able to see it for what it really was. Which for me was poorly-timed and handled initially, but the right men were brought in to move forward.

Whoever comes in next will for me have a massive bearing on whether I view this decision as positive or not. Right now, I just can't believe quite how quickly things went a bit pear-shaped. Getting the chance for revenge against 'Boro next season is a very, very tiddly consolation. 

I'm sure this has been said already as well, but I really, really hope Steele and Simmo stay. The players will know them and the fans like them, myself included. Particularly the loss of Eric Steele would be massive IMO.

​I think Steele is a lot more likely to be kept on than Simpson, purely because once this new manager comes in I just can't see why you would get rid of Steele as the goalkeeping coach because I am almost certain that there is surely no one better than steele that Derby could attract.

As for Simpson I'd love him to stay but unless a new manager takes a liking to him straight away he will probably want his own assistant manager and I can't see a new man not wanting his own assistant. But we will see, Clement has never managed before so if it is to be him to take over, he doesn't have like a go to guy for assistant but he will probably still have someone in mind.

I haven't voted, but I'm swaying more towards yes.

SM hasn't done a bad job by any stretch of the imagination, but I sadly couldn't see him getting this current squad promoted - not least when half of the players clearly looked like they weren't playing for him anymore.

So with that in mind, he would have had to make at least five new additions to the first team. Given the lack of success from his previous permanent signings - Albentosa, Shotton and Warnock - would you trust him to get it right this summer?

I felt his intentions of signing Bent was alarming, as he clearly isn't suitable for us and would have come at a hefty cost in wages. It smacked of those Jonathan Greening/George Boetang deals for Forest.

The fast-paced, almost naive attacking football had turned into a more tepid controlling style which left us more vulnerable if anything and far less penetrating.

We stopped dominating teams, and I can probably count on both hands the number of games we won where we didn't even get out of third gear - this isn't a good sign by the way, It's a lazy approach which will catch up on you!...

The past two seasons have been on the whole such an exciting time for our club, but there was little evidence to suggest that it was going to get better - we were on a downward curve.

Those perormances against Brentford and Reading were the first real eye-openers to how we were regressing, as for the first time we completely lost shape, discipline, ideas and overall our identity.

Archived