Steele and Simpson also going allegedly

Curtains

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the local press in Newcastle were not invited to Maclaren's press conference. If that is true, he does have a big job on there to pull things together. I wonder how much compensation we would have to pay Simmo if he does go. I like Simmo but I suspect that he will work for SM in some capacity. I thought that Steve Round would be in there by now. He may want to be a manager this time around.

Just seen this 

As we await news of appointments to the backroom staff at SJP, we understand that Paul Simpson has secured his release from Derby County.

The 48 year-old has been tipped to become Newcastle first team coach, having held a similar role at the Rams. 

However it's understood that their new coach Paul Clement hasn't offered Simpson a job as yet - thus leaving him free to move on without a future employer needing to pay compensation. 

Appearing in midfield alongside Steve McClaren at the Manor Ground, Simpson moved to Derby in 1992, three years before McClaren joined their coaching staff. 

And the pair were reunited at Derby in October 2013 when Simpson was appointed Rams first team coach following spells in charge of Rochdale, Carlisle United, Preston North End, Shrewsbury Town and Stockport.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,96967.50.html

However it's understood that their new coach Paul Clement hasn't offered Simpson a job as yet - thus leaving him free to move on without a future employer needing to pay compensation. 

​90% sure that's NOT how it works... He has a fixed term contract... So either it needs to be paid off by one party or the other, agree to be terminated by both parties OR stick out the job...

It's a massive step up for Simmo. Mac and Steele have obviously both worked at the very highest level but Simmo hasn't.

I can imagine him being quite intimidated.

You obviously know nothing about the man if you think that! ? 

​90% sure that's NOT how it works... He has a fixed term contract... So either it needs to be paid off by one party or the other, agree to be terminated by both parties OR stick out the job...

​I think the article assumes there will be a mutual termination - as this is usually what happens when a manager is replaced.

Ive had it confirmed last night that Steele is staying. 100%.

​Delighted if that's the case.

I love the interaction between Eric and the fans at away games (if we've won)

​In MWR we trust

What else is going on? Did you say we'd defo signed Ince?

​Sorry not had chance to post yet about last night yet. Didnt really know what topic to post it in as it concerns 3 different players.

The update I got last night was that Weimann is pretty much a done deal. He also told me that Shackell is a long way down the line and almost done too.

However he also told me that Ince is looking less likely as things stand. Its all down to Ince and my source knows someone very close to the club who has said that they believe Ince is holding out for Prem interest and Derby won't wait forever.

Im not saying Ince wont sign. But its by no means anywhere near done. If Ince wants to come he can come. Its all up to him now.

​Sorry not had chance to post yet about last night yet. Didnt really know what topic to post it in as it concerns 3 different players.

The update I got last night was that Weimann is pretty much a done deal. He also told me that Shackell is a long way down the line and almost done too.

However he also told me that Ince is looking less likely as things stand. Its all down to Ince and my source knows someone very close to the club who has said that they believe Ince is holding out for Prem interest and Derby won't wait forever.

Im not saying Ince wont sign. But its by no means anywhere near done. If Ince wants to come he can come. Its all up to him now.

​Hmmm that sounds ominous to me... Guess he's off to Newcastle then... Oh well...

It could be. But if Ince doesn't want to come here then so be it.

If the talk of 4.5 million for Ince is true we could sign a very good winger for that!

We definitely have replacements lined up. I don't know who though.

Only Jota which Nixon mentioned a few weeks back.

It could be. But if Ince doesn't want to come here then so be it.

If the talk of 4.5 million for Ince is true we could sign a very good winger for that!

We definitely have replacements lined up. I don't know who though.

Only Jota which Nixon mentioned a few weeks back.

​do we know or suspect if Clement has had any input to our targets yet? I know he gets a final say but that's a slightly different process point.

Archived