Steele and Simpson also going allegedly

Curtains

​Might have been written by someone who doesn't have English as a first language though............

I thought that too but a) surely the Mail wouldn't employ some dirty foreigner who couldn't write proper and b) haven't they got any editors?

It reads like poor quality rushed 'content'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see Eric going with SM. He wouldn't leave Derbyshire so unless it's local I think he would be out. 

If there is a place for them here I think they would rather stay. 

Total conjecture but if SM was fired for something behind the scenes/flirting with other jobs etc, I imagine Eric and Simmo would be pretty pissed of with SM. I know I would be. 

Can't see Eric going with SM. He wouldn't leave Derbyshire so unless it's local I think he would be out.

If there is a place for them here I think they would rather stay.

Total conjecture but if SM was fired for something behind the scenes/flirting with other jobs etc, I imagine Eric and Simmo would be pretty pissed of with SM. I know I would be.

​There was a interview with him recently basically Eric saying if the chance arises he could take it to go up north (i.e Newcastle)

​There was a interview with him recently basically Eric saying if the chance arises he could take it to go up north (i.e Newcastle)

​I don't know if it was just a dream but I am sure I heard an interview where Eric said that he wont go to his boyhood club Newcastle as he is too old to make the trip every week. Like I say, sure I heard him say something of the sort.

Was he contemplating retirement after the sacking by Moyes or was he simply unemployed. Seemed like Steve approached Eric not Eric seeking a job.

​I don't know if it was just a dream but I am sure I heard an interview where Eric said that he wont go to his boyhood club Newcastle as he is too old to make the trip every week. Like I say, sure I heard him say something of the sort.

Was he contemplating retirement after the sacking by Moyes or was he simply unemployed. Seemed like Steve approached Eric not Eric seeking a job.

​I recall what Ashz says... It was his club as a kid and he said whilst he was committed to Derby he'd love the chance to coach at Newcastle at some point...

Suspect if Smacca gets the job and comes knocking he may be offski

​I recall what Ashz says... It was his club as a kid and he said whilst he was committed to Derby he'd love the chance to coach at Newcastle at some point...

Suspect if Smacca gets the job and comes knocking he may be offski

​Yeah I can remember the interview too, just spent a while googling and managed to find the interview:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3042412/From-Manchester-United-Derby-County-Eric-Steele-reflects-glittering-career-aims-Premier-League-promotion-stays-coy-Newcastle-links.html

Newcastle, Steele's boyhood club, have recognised the work done by McClaren and would like the 53-year-old as head coach come summer. Steele is too long in the tooth to rule anything out.

'In football, everything is a possibility,' he says. 'I am a Geordie born and bred, and a good friend of mine, Peter Beardsley, still works for the club. All I would say is I am contracted and loyal to Derby County Football Club.

'I have to do my best for the next four, hopefully seven games. Then everyone will sit down at the end, assess that, and say, 'Where do we go from here?'

'Until somebody tells me there is another manager coming in I've got to be governed by what I've got. The facts are I have two years on my contract and I'm happy as ever. I would never underestimate by how good a club it is. Why would you want to leave a very good club who showed loyalty to us last year?

'I'm not daft, since Alan Pardew left it's been big news up there. Ultimately it would be a huge decision if I was asked. At the moment I am happy, delighted where I am, looking forward to continuing to do as best I can.'

I think they'll both go.

its a shame really 

watching mcclaren's end of season interview on ramsplayer, he is clearly hurting and not expecting the chop.

i wonder what he'll think of sam now.

at the q&a he was apparently praising the triangle of rush, evans, and himself, and sam was describing him as a world class coach. Now sam says it was the right decision to get rid.

amazing turn around.

Come as a team , go as a team is usually the case.

Hope it is resolved soon , August will be upon us in a flash.

Compensation please!! And SM can pay us back what he took too as I would be amazed if there wasn't some sort of clause in the payment from us to him. If not then Ashley & McClaren have shafted us out of £4m between em ??

My sources are telling me that Steele is staying but Simo is going with Mac wherever he goes, most likely Newscastle.

​PMSL stop making it up.

Just like I was right about Mac going. Wait and see.You made the mistake last time of doubting me:thumbsup:

​No you wasn't right about Mac. #Stoppretendingandgiveitup

Just like I was right about Mac going. Wait and see.You made the mistake last time of doubting me:thumbsup:

​What a bullshitter

​Reading the #dcfc twitter timeline isn't a source. I might start a rumour for a laugh, I could say I know someone and I bet it'd end up mentioned on a forum. Guessing that Schteve would leave is hardly making you look like the ******* oracle.

Archived