Steele and Simpson also going allegedly

Curtains

My sources* are telling me that Steele and Simo are going with Mac wherever he goes, most likely Newcastle.

*My source is my dog. I said Eric leaving? He barked. I took this as yes. I said Simmo leaving? He barked then growled. I took this as yes definitely. And no, the fact I was holding a dog biscuit just out of reach did not have anything to do with it. I trust my sources thank you very much.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant see Clemence having any contact with Eranio or other our older players. Guess we have to settle for Chelsea's, PSG's and Real Madrid's former players & current staff. Boring.

​Clemence  :rolleyes: will not need a goalkeeper coach , he can do it himself .

​Reading the #dcfc twitter timeline isn't a source. I might start a rumour for a laugh, I could say I know someone and I bet it'd end up mentioned on a forum. Guessing that Schteve would leave is hardly making you look like the ******* oracle.

​we should decide a rumour now to all circulate on twitter and see how far we can get it. I've always wanted to start a bulls**t rumour that made it into the press

​we should decide a rumour now to all circulate on twitter and see how far we can get it. I've always wanted to start a bulls**t rumour that made it into the press

The trick is to start a rumour that snowballs to the point where it influences events and makes itself true. 

Eg. 'Rams interested in signing X'; X reads about this in the paper (or has it read to him), contacts his agent, who contacts the club. After much wrangling, X signs for Rams. 

​If the amount of people on this site with Twitter accounts all tweeted they heard that x player was coming to Derby I bet that the press would write about it.

I see that you are still angry that i was right before.

It was a compliment - probably the best one I have ever given to anybody on here. The ability you have for taking the banal and mundane and turning it back onto yourself is a joy to behold.

The trick is to start a rumour that snowballs to the point where it influences events and makes itself true. 

Eg. 'Rams interested in signing X'; X reads about this in the paper (or has it read to him), contacts his agent, who contacts the club. After much wrangling, X signs for Rams. 

I've hung up my dcfc meltdown starter boots on Twitter.... For now

I find it fascinating that Steele and Simpson did not get the boot with McClaren. For me that points to the board having an issue with the way McClaren handled the Newcastle issue, not an issue with the coaching in general.

I have a feeling Clement will ask them both to stay on.

If I'm not mistaken, Clement would have been at Chelsea at a time when head coaches would rapidly come and go, but Ray Wilkins was an almost permanent fixture... as the continuity for the players.  Clement may well have seen that model work and be in no rush to replace the entire set up with his own yes-men.

Whether they stay or not is another matter.  It'll depend on whether they like the idea of the role on offer, whether they get an offer from McClaren to join him, whether they are generally happy at Derby etc.

Talksport seem to think he will be sending for them if and when he returns from holiday and deigns to sign his contract.

​I'd rather see someone else come in.  I have no issues with Simmo he has done well, but I would feel more content if Clement is able to select his own staff without the baggage of the Mac era.

Archived