• Created
  • Last Reply

My Ideal Team if promoted

Grant

Wisdom   Curtis Davies ©   Albentosa    Forsyth

Thorne        Mascarell

Hughes

Russell                                                       Sakho

Martin                                                 

Bench: Roos, Buxton, Shotton, Kalas/Zouma, Gnabry, Hendrick, Bent

Reserves: Calero, Hanson, Warnock, Rawson, Guy

This was tougher to guess than expected.

Grant stays in goal I think, Butland signing a new deal may put him out of reach

I think, even if we get promoted Christie may be sold to West Ham if Jenkinson doesn't stay allowing us to get Wisdom for about £5 million (or undisclosed),

personally I think we would benefit greatly with a new man at the back, always been a fan of Davies and I believe for about £4million could be ours.

Our other centre back is tricky, not seen enough of Albentosa but if he recaptures former Eibor form id say him although Zouma on loan, however very unlikely, would be fantastic for both parties.

Forsyth would be my choice for LB, not really a fan but I cant fault him, with more reliable defence he could be better.

Thorne at the back partnered with Mascarel, always wanted to see this.

Hughes in front of the two with licence to show his class

Russell stays, no doubt a great player.

Sakho if Wolves stay down

Martin up top

Loan signing of either Zouma (unlikely) or Kalas (I deem this likely) and Gnabry

Permanent signing of Bent for 2.5 mill

and the promotion of some under 21 players

Btw Alberto Bueno is out of contract this summer

​I'm fine mate, yeah - just been doing a bit of lurking recently. In a bit of a Rams-related funk with the recent bad form, so my posts are mostly either puns or Pointy Room observations. Thanks for the concern though.

I don't know where old Ninos has gone, bit disappointed as I felt we had a decent rapport. We bonded over Bakary Sako and never looked back. Imho, the most likely explanation is that he's gone on an extended scouting trip to Holland to follow his boy Castaignos, and what goes on on tour, stays on tour. Who knows.

What about yourself? Been keeping well?

Sako would be a good signing, not great, for the Premier League. 

Every time I watch him, the thing that impresses me the most is his work-rate. The same could be said for Eden Hazard. 

They're wingers with an attacking flair, but they cover every blade of grass on their side of the pitch. The amount of times Sako defended against us and came deep for the ball was admirable. He did it in the game at the iPro too but knew he was outmatched that day. 

I'd like to see us sign Manga from Cardiff if we're promoted. I think he would be a smart signing for any promoted side. 

Alex Mowatt would be a steady signing, for potential as much as anything else. He is a hard-working player, who can fit into two/three different roles and never fails to put himself about. 

Jota, obviously, he's just an incredibly technical player. I'd have reservations over his impact in the Premier League mind, but you can always work with good footballers. 

I think there's a good selection from the Championship that could be built upon, but it's not Mac's style. If you could take the most promising prospects from the Championship and put experience around them then it could blossom. 

If we get promoted then may be oviedo at left back because he looks like he is moving as baines and garbutt are the left backs for everton. Gamboa or wisdom at right back with shackell at centre back alongside albentosa. Then huddelstone next to thorne with hughes just ahead and martin russell and sako up front

If we get promoted then may be oviedo at left back because he looks like he is moving as baines and garbutt are the left backs for everton. Gamboa or wisdom at right back with shackell at centre back alongside albentosa. Then huddelstone next to thorne with hughes just ahead and martin russell and sako up front

If we aren't promoted, think we need to shore up the defence, as well as getting rid of deadwood like Sammon, the Naylors. We'll get some big money for Hughes - we could reinvest this at right back, left-sided centre back and perhaps left back as well. Plus we'll need to fill the gaps left by loan players returning to their parent clubs; although I think Bennett/Calero should get a chance at being the fourth winger, and Hanson and Rawson should also be involved. It'd be exciting to see some academy prospects break through, as this is one of the key aspects of building up Premier League infrastructure so that when we go up, we'll stay up. 

Gonna be a busy summer whatever happens over the rest o this season.

Guedioura (sp?) looked a real good player and always has done. Hasn't got a chance at Palace so should be available?

Also that lad Dallas looks mustard every time I've seen him. 

Both suggestions providing we're a Championship side of course.

I suspect that we will still be looking for value, and some players who are available on bosmans.

don't know much about this youth but i wouldn't be surprised if he is playing in the championship next year.

he is a 23 year old Australian international, who has spent 5 years playing in Holland with Utrecht - which is were Nacer Barazite now plays -  and he is available for free. Doesn't score much.

Um......i know it smells a bit Paul Jewell but you never know?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N6Co269pd4M

Archived