Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

Mcclaren is always going to have the contacts to bring in a decent loan or two, obviously from his England sin he's built up a friendship with managers/agents.

Karanka is doing just the same at Boro, a favour off his mate Jose With the countless loanees.

Darren Ferguson used to do the same at Peterborough and get youngsters from United sent over.

If we got promotion tomorrow, would you trust Mcclaren with 30 odd million to rebuild the squad? Based on his Forest signings, his secondary spell at Twente and his current signings (Warnock, Dawkins, Whitbread) I wouldn't be so confident .

If Hughes was sold, would you trust him to sign a just as good replacement with the cash? Or will it be yet more loans to cover us short term.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClaren's permanent signings haven't been what we would have hoped - I don't think you're anti-McClaren for suggesting that. However, he has improved us with his loan signings. 

To put Albentosa and Warncok, even the U21 players, under the microscope after less than 1000 minutes on the pitch is a bit weak.

I trust every time we put our hand in our pocket that we're going to end up with a reasonable, if not good, player. I just don't think we've done that for a player on a permanent basis. 

Thorne is the only one - remember the rest have come in for less than £1million - and he's almost on the same level as Pirlo :ph34r:;)

No matter what division we're in next season, our squad will be threadbare in the summer. We will get to see what McClaren has on his list (that's if he doesn't piss off)

​Well here's the thing, F*rest didn't just need a rebuild, they needed a upheaval of philosophy too. For all the criticism I throw at Clough, he did leave a squad that was already moulded in the right philosophy for McClaren. At F*rest, they had a team of cloggers and hoofers! A couple of signings (mostly free I think) and a dozen-ish games is not a fair amount and time to judge someone.

The 2nd spell at Twente, again, as I mentioned in my last post, are you passing off conjecture as fact again? Maybe do some research and tell us how bad that spell was! I think you'll realise your comment is a bit stupid as his spell was not a disaster by any means!!

As for his current signings, Warnock will still have a part to play, too soon to judge, Dawkins was instrumental in getting us to a play-off place last season and Whitbread was a Clough signing ffs!

​You argued and argued in a thread months ago about Leon Best being a decent signing, so no idea why I am even replying  to such garbage and "know all" remarks from you :D People have opinions that differ you know that right?

How's Leon Best getting on anyroad?

​Is this you passing off the rumours spread by trouble-causers as 'fact'? Maybe you should have paid attention to what was actually happening on the pitch. You'd have noticed that neither Green nor Commons were fancied by Clough. Green was never first choice in midfield and often overlooked for loan players, ending up at either right back or right midfield, he was only offered a deal reflecting that of a back up player, so left. Similarly, Commons was never fancied by Clough as his work-rate and attitude didn't fit, especially around the October time when Commons usually went missing. It got to a stage where he couldn't get in to the team ahead of Teale and/or Pearson on the left, and only when both were injured, did Commons get a run of games in the team. He too was never interested in a new deal, and indicated as much, so none was offered.

You saying Clough wasn't allowed the budget to offer them a new deal is ******!

Archived