Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I can only judge a player on what I've seen of him!

Take Martin, even when he has a poor game by his standards, his touch is still impeccable, most of his passes accurate etc. Clough offered nothing to their game.

Would rather sign Bent permanently given the opportunity.

After our recent results i'm no longer expecting us to go up. Not pessimistic. Not moaning. Not wrist slashing. Just realistic.

If we don't then there will have to be changes.

keogh and bryson were possibly both persuaded to stay for this season, and yet bryson has hardly featured and keogh at 29 may need a new challenge.

Grants form has slumped since his injury but i think we will stick with him and Roos. However it wouldn't suprise me if we signed jake kean or jack butland.

christie needs to have his shattered confidence rebuilt. There is no point rotating him with shotton. Its counter productive. Either christie is good enough or he isn't. Schteve needs to make a decision. I expect him to stay altho it will be interesting to see what happens with wisdom at liverpool.

Forsyth is a real conundrum. He can look strong and powerful one match, then a real donkey the next. I think this system requires a robson, a nish, a chris powell or a steve buckley.

We can't afford Mings but someone suggested jordan obita and that might be a good option. naylor will go. I've no idea what decisions we will make regarding forsyth and warnock. Maybe one will go.

i think there will be changes in defence. ignoring o'brien who seems to have no future, we still have five right sided centre backs....keogh, albentosa, shotton, rawson and barker. ( six if you count hanson). Two will have to go. Barker will be one. I think keogh could be the other - not because he's the worst - but at 29 we might cash in our chips.

we need a left sided centre back. Personally i think bucko is ok and could stay. But whitbread is permanently injured and should go.

There aren't too many left sided centre backs around - maybe nathan baker from villa or brendan galloway from everton - i've no idea really, but we need someone who is comfortable on the ball.

hopefully george thorne will be fully recovered by next season - if we don't keep risking him. Him and hanson could cover the defensive midfield position. Eustace might more on. Mascarell will go back to wigan or wherever he came from.  It wouldn't surprise me if we signed another option though. Conor Coady could be an option. 

Central midfield is another tricky area. I can't see bryson staying to sit on the bench again. Hopefully we hang on to hughes. Hendrick will stay and will no doubt continue to frustrate. Good one week, then quiet the next, and then anonymous the week after that. It would be great if we could get a lewis cook or a ben osborn but i doubt whether we have the funds for that even though the parent clubs seem to be desperate for cash. Some freebie flotsam and jetsom will join or another loan.

i think we will try and sign ince even though he's not been able to sustain that early form. Russell is a must. Calero may come into the squad. Schteve has big decisions to make regarding wardy and dawkins. Neither would have much chance of first team spot. Both could go. 

​Me too... Was working through the run in for everyone last night with the old man and even with his ever-[resent optimism dictating results our predictions (assuming we win ALL our games) would put us 4th... And can't see anyone being up for the playoffs again... I still can't hear 'Wembley' without shuddering... Which is a problem since I live in London

I think we'll lose Hughes, potentially Bryson and I wouldn't be shocked if whoever went up came shopping for the likes of Russell and Martin... Bent will obviously not sign, we won't get Ince...

AND most importantly I think Smacca will move on... plunging us back into mid-table mediocrity...

We need to up the standard of signing by a couple of notches if possible.

this seasons signings - christie, shotton, albentosa, warnock - haven't yet been consistent enough or good enough to take us to the next level.

​Why doesn't Thorne count? You can't have a criteria and then exclude someone purely because it doesn't agree with your point.

Christie has had an alright season. Shotton is mostly ok. Albentosa has played four games. The rest were either signed as back up or for the development squad. 

​Why doesn't Thorne count? You can't have a criteria and then exclude someone purely because it doesn't agree with your point.

Christie has had an alright season. Shotton is mostly ok. Albentosa has played four games. The rest were either signed as back up or for the development squad. 

Archived