Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how much Cardiff would want for Adam Le Fondre, not worked out for him much there has it? Not a bad backup to Martin hm?

​8 goals in 17 on loan at a struggling Bolton. If the budget will stretch he would be the perfect impact player.

Realistic-ish Championship Summer 2015 Shopping List:

- Bread

- Milk

- Danny Batth - Very solid, young centre back. Captained an impressive Wolves backline with aplomb. Has momentum of back to back seasons of success. Currently out with fractured foot though so spanner in the works there.

- Grant Hanley - Big, no bullsh1t centre half. The defensive focal point in a decent (if unspectacular) Blackburn side for 3/4 years. Seems to have leadership/battling qualities severely lacking throughout much of our side.

- Moses Odubajo - looked real quality at rightback at the iPro the other week. Very solid defensively, was particularly impressed with his pace and speed in getting into position. Although they werent great in number, he broke up a few of our attacks down that flank with a minimum of fuss.

- Toumani Diagouraga - Looked excellent in the recent fixture during which Brentford tore us a new one. Would provide much needed muscle and athleticism in the crucial CDM role. I also like Ince at Brighton but this guy seems more of a footballer. Subject to Brentford going up you would imagine.

- Alex Pritchard - One of the standouts of the season on loan at Brentford this season. Very intelligent footballer. Would be excellent if we could secure him on a similar deal next year.

The best D/M avaliable, that we can afford , this is an absolute must , no matter what manager , or what formation they adopt .

​With Thorne returning next season surely we only need a backup?

My priority would be sorting out this defence and bringing in two high quality fullbacks.

​With Thorne returning next season surely we only need a backup?

My priority would be sorting out this defence and bringing in two high quality fullbackRrely 

Rely on Thorne ? you can not be serious ? ,big mistake  IMHO 

Rely on Thorne ? you can not be serious ? ,big mistake  IMHO 

​The two knee injuries he's had have been freak injuries. They're the type that can strike at any point of a player's career, he's unlikely to get these injuries again as they're not recurring injuries. 

We rushed him back too early and as a result he wasn't fully fit which caused further complications with injuries.

He'll be fully fit next season and our first choice CDM.

​The two knee injuries he's had have been freak injuries. They're the type that can strike at any point of a player's career, he's unlikely to get these injuries again as they're not recurring injuries. 

We rushed him back too early and as a result he wasn't fully fit which caused further complications with injuries.

He'll be fully fit next season and our first choice CDM.

Hope you are right but it is not worth the risk , make do and not mend is what has cost us dearly this last season.

Alex McCarthy/Ali Al Habsi/David Marshall

Jason Shackell

Jordan Obita

Lewis Buxton/James Perch/John Brayford

Scott Parker

Jota

And a new winger. Although I can't think of one currently. Don't want McClean

Departures - 

Lingard, Ince, Bent and Mascarrrell (I'd love to sign Ince, but unrealistic).

Released - Two Naylor's, Whitbread, Eustace, Barker, O'Brien, Morch

Sold - Albentosa, Bryson, Ward, Dawkins, Hughes and Sammon. Maybe Grant 

Jason Shackell

Jordan Obita

Scott Parker

Jota

Departures - 

Seventeen

Jason Shackell

Jordan Obita

Scott Parker

Jota

Departures - 

Seventeen players gone , we will have a smaller squad than Blackpool had before the start of last season :-)

How about

Sold: Keogh (£3m), Shotton (£750k), Hughes (£11m + Andre Wisdom), Sammon (£500k)

Released: Whitbread, Eustace, Naylors, Barker, O'Brien

In: Andre Wisdom, RB, Liverpool (swap deal for Hughes)

Jason Shackell, CB, Burnley (£4m)

Massimo Luongo, CDM, Swindon (free)

Ben Pringle, CM, Rotherham (£2.5m)

Thomas Ince, W, Hull (£7m)

Darren Bent, ST, Aston Villa (free)

How about

Sold: Keogh (£3m), Shotton (£750k), Hughes (£11m + Andre Wisdom), Sammon (£500k)

Released: Whitbread, Eustace, Naylors, Barker, O'Brien

In: Andre Wisdom, RB, Liverpool (swap deal for Hughes)

Jason Shackell, CB, Burnley (£4m)

Massimo Luongo, CDM, Swindon (free)

Ben Pringle, CM, Rotherham (£2.5m)

Thomas Ince, W, Hull (£7m)

Darren Bent, ST, Aston Villa (free)

​Thank you Posh Ram , don't call us we will call you .

Will the next comedian / comedienne step on the stage .:)

​Thank you Posh Ram , don't call us we will call you .

Will the next comedian / comedienne step on the stage .:)

​Haha. The money's there, and except for Ince and Bent, the transfers are reasonably realistic.

Gone are the days of running round naked when we landed Johnny Russell for 750k. We're big fish. Not all those players will get signed but don't deny that would make us a quality side. And at least I didn't put James Milner in there ;)

​Haha. The money's there, and except for Ince and Bent, the transfers are reasonably realistic.

Gone are the days of running round naked when we landed Johnny Russell for 750k. We're big fish. Not all those players will get signed but don't deny that would make us a quality side. And at least I didn't put James Milner in there ;)

​We paid £50,000 for Pringle , then gave him away free , do you honestly think we would pay £2,500,000 for him ?.

Archived