Highlight of the season?

Rev

On the eve of the last match, with the play offs beckoning( touch wood!), what have been your highlights of our season so far?

Post them here, and give us all a lift, obviously the thread will plateau on the 25th with full match highlights of our play off win, but in the meantime remind us all of how good we can be.

This is my goal of the season, to start.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed the pass that Fozzy made to one of our players against Charlton at the beginning of the season. Perfect weight, direction, and it was clearly intentional. Magic stuff!

Was this the away match?

Wolves at home was my favourite individual game.

Favourite time of the season was the late January area. We were in a great position and brought in some good signings. I was certain we were destined for the autos.

Worst individual moment of the season for me was as Birmingham equalised to make it 2-2. It was worse than the Forest one just by the sheer nature the game went and how on earth we managed to **** it up.

Worst time of the season has been from the defeat to Fulham onwards. Struggling.

Maybe in hindsight not the highlight of the season but thinking back to the moment that most excited me was Chris Martins winner against Ipswich. When we won that game I thought this is it, we have won somewhere I would normally expect us to come up short and I thought it was a performance and sign of a team who meant business. I thought we would then go on to get promoted. 

But we all know whats happened since then.

Wolves at home and Fulham at home, the only two times I have seen us reach the same level of performances that we showed last season.

Seeing Barker on the pitch tomorrow will also be an emotional moment that was probably only matched by the happiness that I had when hearing that Fawaz's van was not a write off.

Maybe in hindsight not the highlight of the season but thinking back to the moment that most excited me was Chris Martins winner against Ipswich. When we won that game I thought this is it, we have won somewhere I would normally expect us to come up short and I thought it was a performance and sign of a team who meant business. I thought we would then go on to get promoted. 

But we all know whats happened since then.

Yes, we're getting promoted, just doing it the exciting way that's all!

Yes, we're getting promoted, just doing it the exciting way that's all!

haha you are right I made it sound like I had given up on us. I guess though if we go up through the play offs I wouldn't look at that Ipswich game the same way as I would have if we'd kept going and finished in the top 2. Obviously a win at wembley will be everyones highlight I should think 

Archived