Help with Ronnie's Book

RLACML

Ronnie's Book Title  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Strife of Brian?  Nah probably not

If it was about Barbara perhaps, Wife of Brian, but it's still not good really

i voted for the first option, am a sucker for a catchy title

​As I was lucky enough to have a chance to read the parts of the original script I must say you have chosen wisely. That title says it all really.

Can I be a royal pain in the &$%&?  

I think both titles could be shorter and punchier - have you considered shaving off a couple of words? (e.g. The Brian Clough Story OR 'Tough Life to Clough Life')

I usually expect the majority of book titles to be between 1-4 words (unless you're George RR Martin!). Though I do realise there are always exceptions to that rule. 

​Giggidy.

​You wrote a book. I was reading it on the plane back from Malaga and the random stranger next to me was laughing at one of the stories.

I think you should advertise it on this forum if still for sale. It's an entertaining read.

Haven't read the whole thread. But I'd say there are plenty of proper books published on Clough, who remains a figure of national interest. Why not approach publishers or literary agents if the story is a good one? In which case they will want to advise on titles etc (neither option in the poll is compelling). And they would provide PR support once published, in order to promote the book properly.

I've gone for A - because that's what I've known it by.  It's about you ronnie as well, so it affects you and although people ask you to 'tell them the Brian Clough story', I feel it's more than a half hour chat in the pub.  If you see what I'm getting at. He changed your life!

How long till it's out then?

Hope you are well also. x

​I was born in 72.

They used to play in the North East fairly regularly which is how I met.

I try not to remember his drinking and focus on all of the brilliant lovely things. I certainly don't write about it.

I also hope it wasn't me who drove him to drink.

​Do you work at the Derby Royal by any chance Ronnie?  

Cheers.

Haven't read the whole thread. But I'd say there are plenty of proper books published on Clough, who remains a figure of national interest. Why not approach publishers or literary agents if the story is a good one? In which case they will want to advise on titles etc (neither option in the poll is compelling). And they would provide PR support once published, in order to promote the book properly.

​I got an offer already to go mainstream Carl, but part of the issue is exactly what you write about, if i go with a publisher and/or literary agent they want too much control over content and if you see the book, you'd understand why I want to keep it in the same style.

I may end up selling fewer copies that way and I may end up regretting that decision.

I fancy the promotional side of it will be hard work but something I'll enjoy doing and have had offers even from forum members both here and ltlf (which I need to follow up, I haven't forgotten them) 

​I got an offer already to go mainstream Carl, but part of the issue is exactly what you write about, if i go with a publisher and/or literary agent they want too much control over content and if you see the book, you'd understand why I want to keep it in the same style.

I may end up selling fewer copies that way and I may end up regretting that decision.

I fancy the promotional side of it will be hard work but something I'll enjoy doing and have had offers even from forum members both here and ltlf (which I need to follow up, I haven't forgotten them) 

Go big, all out -- then let them do a movie that all the half fans and neutrals love but annoys the family and you -- including die hard true fans like eddie.

But at leased you would have cashed in. Happy days. 

​You wrote a book. I was reading it on the plane back from Malaga and the random stranger next to me was laughing at one of the stories.

I think you should advertise it on this forum if still for sale. It's an entertaining read.

​Despite me having a couple of almighty rows with Troy - one of which nearly went viral when he stuck it on his twitter :-)

I've got a lot of respect for some of the things he's done and achieved, clearly a talented lad. (maybe just got a sense of humour that takes a bit of getting used to.)

You should push to be his agent Most, you do a lot of good promotional work for him :-)

​As a publisher and author, I'd always recommend mainstream. For all the stories of big-selling self-published books, the truth is that the vast, vast majority sell only a handful of copies.

Publishers and agents would argue it's their role to make a book better. But of course it's entirely up to you.

Go big, all out then let them do a movie that all the half fans neutrals love but annoys the family and you.

But at leased you would have cashed in. Happy days. 

​That's actually my biggest fear and the main reason why it isn't already published.

I've thought long and hard about whether I'm selling out. I've stopped more times than I can remember due to the fact I'm nervous about other people's reactions, especially close family and friends of BC.

It's my intention to give any cash raised to Charity. I haven't written it to get rich, it's probably something Brian would shoot me for, he always told me he'd given me a million dollar story and that I'd be living off it for years :-)

I hope the family see it for what it is, I don't aim to annoy anyone.

​That's actually my biggest fear and the main reason why it isn't already published.

I've thought long and hard about whether I'm selling out. I've stopped more times than I can remember due to the fact I'm nervous about other people's reactions, especially close family and friends of BC.

It's my intention to give any cash raised to Charity. I haven't written it to get rich, it's probably something Brian would shoot me for, he always told me he'd given me a million dollar story and that I'd be living off it for years :-)

I hope the family see it for what it is, I don't aim to annoy anyone.

But, if you stick to the facts, and as he himself joked to you about making money out of it then sell out. Raise more money and have more people know about the legend. Any good tale, story deserves to be read by as many people as possible . 

The thing is this isn't your ordinary Brian Clough book. The idea isn't to make the writer rich.

I have read a lot of biographies and usually they are the same. A polished story with a couple of hints that the star isn't perfect.

This book doesn't have a star(s). This book is about people who have heart and willingness to use it. For me this book is people I can look up to.

As much as I know about the publishers so far in this project they have been only in it for the money.

For Brian Clough and his family this wasn't about money. For Craig/Ronnie this isn't about money. I have a huge respect for both of them after reading it.

Archived