Help with Ronnie's Book

RLACML

Ronnie's Book Title  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​Thanks. I struggle with the promotional side too since I know that Ronnie's moral is pretty high and I have to consider what I can say about this project without compromising Ronnie's values.

A couple things that I like to say is that reading the original script was a powerful and emotional experience for me. Reading the story and things attached to this project has made me to working on to become a better person. Also the story is actually about Ronnie. It just happen to have the great Brian Clough heavily involved in.

And Ronnie, I'll buy three books. But I want them each signed. One for me and two for my friends. :cool:

Ah cheers Sissy!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish you well with the project having read most of the BC books would be interested to read this one. In terms of possible title changes can I suggest 'You want bloody shooting' a famous cloughie shout at I believe Barry Butlin at the old Raynesway training ground in the early days. Or 'To the Top of the Tree' a Taylor quote when the pair first joined DCFC which resonates well with his later career. 

Very worthwhile and interesting (and probably important, Ronnie!) to relay this personal story, I'd say - though I'm unaware of any detailed content.

Can't remember if this was the project where I PM'd the originator ages ago to offer help 'on the ground' for promotion & distribution among fans and football community-related activities. I did get initial friendly but short responses but no follow-up - though am very happy to assist if thought relevant.

Perhaps Ronnie's book journey is a little comparable to that of Wendy Dickinson (daughter of Peter Taylor), who's great book, 'For Pete's Sake', was born out of ire at the sensational inaccuracies of 'The Damned United' (especially the film) and lack of decent PT biographies.

She was able to bring to life a different angle of the Clough-Taylor partnership, to remedy the neglect & ignorance that existed about the crucial part that her father played in the renaissance of The Rams (and later, The Trees).

Initially, Wendy wasn't at all sure that her efforts were worthwhile or if she could promote it in public - but happily, fan feedback and activity overturned the reluctance and that book has sold out.

One of the best football books ever written was by Peter Taylor 'With Clough by Taylor' don't think there was too much ghost writing as it was in his own voice pretty much on every page. Long out of print now sad to say and expensive to buy in good condition but for DCFC fans a great read if you find a copy.

I wish you well with the project having read most of the BC books would be interested to read this one. In terms of possible title changes can I suggest 'You want bloody shooting' a famous cloughie shout at I believe Barry Butlin at the old Raynesway training ground in the early days. Or 'To the Top of the Tree' a Taylor quote when the pair first joined DCFC which resonates well with his later career. 

​Believe it or not, it was actually on Sinfin Lane, at the bottom end, about 100 yards past the County pub on the opposite side.

​Believe it or not, it was actually on Sinfin Lane, at the bottom end, about 100 yards past the County pub on the opposite side.

Was it? There was certainly one on Raynesway were they in Sinfin Lane prior to that then?

• 10 months later...

Archived