The perfect scenario

Carl Sagan

The perfect end to the season has to begin with a morale-boosting win at the weekend, sweeping Reading aside and keeping a clean sheet with it.

Next, my ideal would be for Ipswich and Norwich to play each other in the playoffs. Can you imagine if we had a two-legged tie against the gumps at this stage? What a war of attrition it would be, taking so much out of both sides and probably leading to suspensions for the winners. Similarly here, whoever made it through to Wembley would be battered and bruised and might find it hard to lift themselves again - they've already had their cup final.

That would mean we'd play Boro in the other tie. They hold no fear for me. I'd rather Ince than Bam Bam in our side, and when the chips are down, I'd back our forwards to unlock their defence.

A final against Ipswich or Norwich? George Thorne back and strutting the Wembley turf again, if only carried through on adrenaline, but he can manage that for one game. The hurt of last year swept aside in a glorious, free-flowing display that leaves nothing to chance, leading to a record victory and optimism for the forthcoming campaign.

Mac signs an extended contract afterwards, and we march on, shutting up the boo boys for at least a few weeks until they start complaining we're spending too much money on transfers...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think we would struggle over 2 legs against an inform Norwich but we could maybe get away with it. As far as boro are concerned there is no hope Karakana knows exactly how to nullify us and with our leaky defence even a team like boro who struggle to score will see us off plus they have enemy number 1 in bambie up front.

I have faith the fans will carry the team over the line on Saturday pretty sure the semis is as far as we will go.

Cant fault your optimism though.

​That or he scored 2 past us and we watch him laughing all his way to the Premier League

​Also tbf if we did beat them,  Bamford could also just be like "I'm over this, don't care anyway I play for Chelsea." 

Yeah I think we would struggle over 2 legs against an inform Norwich but we could maybe get away with it. As far as boro are concerned there is no hope Karakana knows exactly how to nullify us and with our leaky defence even a team like boro who struggle to score will see us off plus they have enemy number 1 in bambie up front.

I have faith the fans will carry the team over the line on Saturday pretty sure the semis is as far as we will go.

Cant fault your optimism though.

​He knew how to nullify us when we were in-form?

Will he be able to handle our unpredictability when out of form?        :lol:

At least Norwich represent an open game. I do not want Boro, and any rams fan who prefers them is a fool.

Or have those same rams fans failed to remember we havent looked like breaking them down in 120 mins of football yet this season. They completely have us figured out IMO

Not that there is a lot to figure out at the moment

Archived