Your defence for Reading?

ChaddesdenRam

Buxton will not make it simmo said yesterday so

Shotton Keogh Albentosa Forsythe

Raul gives us the physicality we lack otherwise in the centre and he tends to win his headers and gets distance on them.

Only way through the lack of defensive form is to play through it we have never been great defensively but we are better than we are showing.Plus we are ready for our luck to change at some point.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would play.

Grant

Shotton-Keogh-Albentosa-Forsyth

Grant has been poor but is still the best we have, and has the ability to win a game on his own as he already has this season with some World class stops. 

Shotton is better defensively than Christie, and is stronger. Christie WAS far better at attacking but since his confidence is shot, he hasn't been getting forward and gambling, so we wouldn't miss his attacking aspect. 

Keogh, despite lacking in a lot of areas, particularly reading and leading, he is freaking rapid and his ability to get in last ditch blocks and tackles is an asset. 

Albentosa brings steel and strength to the back four. Keogh is often out muscled by stronger opponents, and I think we need Rauls strength in there for set peices and long balls. 

Forsyth despite his horror passes is rarely beaten one on one by an attacker, and is a great attacking outlet. While Warnock is solid defensively and rarely has a howler in him, he doesn't give us the width and the outlet down the left like Forsyth does. Plus Forsyths deliveries can be exceptional. 

Grant 

Shotton

Keogh 

Raul

Fozzy (I think he will get the nod over Warnock for this one) 

Hendrick 

Hughes 

Dawkins 

Ince 

Bent (or Martin) 

Lingard (or Russell)

Archived