Derby County to target Paul Clement should Steve McClaren leave this summer

Ambitious

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would offer nothing more than what McClaren has.

We've already got settled links in Spain and the rest of Europe.

This one is simply just for the big team fans boys.

If you mean a world class coach widely referred to as one of the best people to be managed by by players who've worked under him then you're right.

I am bored of all this now. The club and SM should come out now and say whether or not he is going to be here next season. At which point he either stays through the remaining games including play offs, or leaves and Simpson is put in temporary charge. Will this jeopardize our chances. Absolutely not. We can only improve from here. 

Would be a risk, some coaches cant step out from the shadows but some do it fantastically well

His playing career is meaningless, alot of the best managers seem to have meh playing careers*

*I am basing this purely from vague memory and have not fact checked it in any way

Would be a risk, some coaches cant step out from the shadows but some do it fantastically well

His playing career is meaningless, alot of the best managers seem to have meh playing careers*

*I am basing this purely from vague memory and have not fact checked it in any way

​He basically has no playing career - he got into coaching at 23 (thanks, Wiki)

Im really sick of these articiles about ifs and buts.

Why are we, as fans making this news by even discussing it.

Heres a new headline for us to discuss

Derby County to get promotion should they pull their finger out and start defending as a team

or

Derby County are premiership bound should they have one good season at any given point in the next 10 years!

Archived