McClaren wants to keep Ince next season

Curtains

I'm not saying McClaren is definitely off, but that doesn't really tell you anything does it? Anyone can blag it and pretend to give a flying one about the clubs future and then bugger off.

You folks are too trusting. Not nearly good enough at being two faced yourselves obviously.

I reiterate, I'm not saying that IS what he's doing. But he could be. Quite easily. Now release the iron grip on the straws.

He isn't going anywhere  .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What, with Mac's comments about Ince and subjecting himself to the Q&A next week, you would think he is staying, unless it's a big bluff. 

If some of the scaremongers are to be believed then Stevie Mac and Sam are a goner come the summer. They both have some balls on em if they really are intending on going to elsewhere. 

This (IMO) is a put this nonsense to bed Q&A with big Sam (also prepared to do add his intentions for the future of DCFC).

To hold a Q&A session amid all the speculation Is a statement by both to nullify all the destabilising both on and off the field. 

This is why I personally don't believe neither Big Sam nor Schteve are going anywhere. 

Fingers crossed ???

I wonder if Ince's form/goals might interest Premier League clubs that weren't too interested prior to loan with us, his dad might encourage him to try his luck with a PL club, you make a good point Daveo.

From what I can tell, Paul Ince has always made his son choose the 'safer' option to where he would play the most. He left Liverpool for regular football at Blackpool and stayed there until the end of his contract despite offers from clubs. He then choose, what we thought, would be almost guaranteed first team football over a big leap to Inter Milan.

It seems his dad wants him playing football and doing well rather than having him sat on the bench somewhere. 

He needs a team to play in where he can do well - I think whatever division we will be in next year, and providing we don't change manager and system, that could well be here! 

He also gives a sh_t and works immensely hard, which quashes any rumours about his attitude and workrate.  After we have found the resources to plug the leaky defence and find a clone of Martin; we should move heaven and earth to bring this lad to Derby. 

What, with Mac's comments about Ince and subjecting himself to the Q&A next week, you would think he is staying, unless it's a big bluff. 

​Which it could be. Quite easily. Because nobody in football has ever said something and then done the opposite have they?

​Which it could be. Quite easily. Because nobody in football has ever said something and then done the opposite have they?

​But that would mean that the ITK people would become the NITK (not in the know) people or, even worse, the PTBITK (pretending to be in the know) people, only to become the ITK people again. The NITK people who suddenly looked as though they were really ITK people would then be shown up for what they were all the time - the NWITK (never were in the know) people.

I know.

From what I can tell, Paul Ince has always made his son choose the 'safer' option to where he would play the most. He left Liverpool for regular football at Blackpool and stayed there until the end of his contract despite offers from clubs. He then choose, what we thought, would be almost guaranteed first team football over a big leap to Inter Milan.

It seems his dad wants him playing football and doing well rather than having him sat on the bench somewhere. 

He needs a team to play in where he can do well - I think whatever division we will be in next year, and providing we don't change manager and system, that could well be here! 

​thats pretty much accurate ^^^^^^^^^^

Archived