We're not going up, in JW's pessimistic opinion

-JW-

​No it's not, not really.

When Grant was out injured, they brought in Butland to replace him. That suggests they didn't believe Roos to be good enough to start for the first team. 

Why would we drop an experienced, and our No 1, goalkeeper for the biggest game of the season? Because he's made a couple of blunders/had poor games?

Don't be silly, every player has an off day. Grant's had a couple this season but other than those has been our most consistent performer and a lot of the time doesn't get the praise he deserves.

Yeah yeah 

if fielding or bywater had......

......i can't be @rsed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are taking our squad to Spain tomorrow as a team building exercise,

​I hope this works because we looked far from a team who were in it together during those 7 minutes before half time. It's the first time I've genuinely been annoyed with Keogh, did nothing but shake his head and curse. How about organise your ******* defence, captain.

Yeah yeah 

if fielding or bywater had......

......i can't be @rsed.

I don't really understand your point.

Grant is a different calibre to Fielding or Bywater, a couple of mistakes doesn't change that.

He's our Number 1 for a reason and we've all got reason to believe he'll turn his form around because we've all seen what a great keeper he is at his best.

I won't be the first on here, that will probably be some plastic like i-Ram or Americanram who won't be at the game. And if any player goes into a wembley final lacking confidence then they don't deserve anything.

Little bit nasty this JW - calling me a plastic really, really hurts me. I live in Brighton which is sooooo many miles away from Derby, much further away than North Carolina. 

I have been following the Rams (and football more generally) for 46 years, and during that time I have learnt that predicting results is a pretty futile exercise. Whilst I accept our defence at the moment is more open than Katie Hopkins gob, it would not surprise me one bit if we got promoted. I am a bit surprised by the negativity of your post in truth. If we get into the playoffs, which I am certain we will, we only have to win 2 games out of 3. We are perfectly capable of that, and accordingly I still remain positive. For the record, I will get off my sofa for the semis and final because I am a glory hunter. Perhaps you will let me have your allocated Wembley ticket?

Little bit nasty this JW - calling me a plastic really, really hurts me. I live in Brighton which is sooooo many miles away from Derby, much further away than North Carolina. 

I have been following the Rams (and football more generally) for 46 years, and during that time I have learnt that predicting results is a pretty futile exercise. Whilst I accept our defence at the moment is more open than Katie Hopkins gob, it would not surprise me one bit if we got promoted. I am a bit surprised by the negativity of your post in truth. If we get into the playoffs, which I am certain we will, we only have to win 2 games out of 3. We are perfectly capable of that, and accordingly I still remain positive. For the record, I will get off my sofa for the semis and final because I am a glory hunter. Perhaps you will let me have your allocated Wembley ticket?

We only have to win 1 out of 2 now and were in the playoffs 

We only have to win 1 out of 2 now and were in the playoffs 

You misunderstood me Curtains. When we are in the playoffs we only need to win 2 out of 3. I think we will win our first game in the semis quite comfortably, but possibly lose the "dead rubber" return, and then steal a result in the final. You read it here first.

You misunderstood me Curtains. When we are in the playoffs we only need to win 2 out of 3. I think we will win our first game in the semis quite comfortably, but possibly lose the "dead rubber" return, and then steal a result in the final. You read it here first.

Sorry I see what you mean but we could be away first and are more likely to win the Home leg .

It seems that some people think if you don't attend every game that's a problem and I'm going to ignore that totally  .

I can't make all the away games I'm afraid  just as you can't .

Imagine the amount of posts of pure ***** that would be posted on here next season, if we are promoted. 

This season has shown our fan base in the worst light. Apparently being top 6 isn't enough to stop you being boo'd off at half time - it's a joke. 

In fact, I don't think I can remember a season without a game where the players were booed off. We're just as bad as Leeds and Forest fans in that respect. Arrogant horrible supporters. 

Pa few more years mid table with more losses than wins should give some people something to moan about.. 

Sorry I see what you mean but we could be away first and are more likely to win the Home leg .

It seems that some people think if you don't attend every game that's a problem and I'm going to ignore that totally  .

I can't make all the away games I'm afraid  just as you can't .

It looks likely we will finish 5th or 6th so we will play at home first.

Just putting it out there before we get any 'if we get promoted' threads. No chance.

Geez this post has generated some abuse, especially considering it's there to wind things up a bit.

'I don't think we are going up' does not equal 'we cannot go up'.

The way we are playing at the moment does not suggest we have enough to get past probably 2 of the top 4 in the playoffs.

As for encouraging the team, which type of fan are we best with? Does the supporter who thinks we should win every match remain silent in expectation until booing at half time as it's still 0-0. Does the fan who thinks we'll lose give it everything they've got, as they know the team really need their help.

PistoldPete2

The title of the thread is were not going up... Which is just a tad negative for a supporter of a team that is odds on to get into the playoffs

Geez this post has generated some abuse, especially considering it's there to wind things up a bit.

'I don't think we are going up' does not equal 'we cannot go up'.

The way we are playing at the moment does not suggest we have enough to get past probably 2 of the top 4 in the playoffs.

As for encouraging the team, which type of fan are we best with? Does the supporter who thinks we should win every match remain silent in expectation until booing at half time as it's still 0-0. Does the fan who thinks we'll lose give it everything they've got, as they know the team really need their help.

​Maybe not, but the "no chance" bit after the full stop DOES equal it!

Imagine the amount of posts of pure ***** that would be posted on here next season, if we are promoted. 

This season has shown our fan base in the worst light. Apparently being top 6 isn't enough to stop you being boo'd off at half time - it's a joke. 

In fact, I don't think I can remember a season without a game where the players were booed off. We're just as bad as Leeds and Forest fans in that respect. Arrogant horrible supporters. 

Pa few more years mid table with more losses than wins should give some people something to moan about.. 

​Yep.

There were plenty there yesterday with a Forest-sized false sense of entitlement.

Half fans.

OK, second half fans.

Archived