We're not going up, in JW's pessimistic opinion

-JW-

Whatever I am, I am absolutely convinced this Derby team won't go up, you probably disagree which is fine. But when we don't, please don't blame me or any other fan.

​Why shouldn't I?

If these players go into games lacking confidence and doubting themselves, it is exactly you and others like you I will blame. At a time when the team needs some faith, support and belief, here you are saying "no, you WON'T win".

I hope you don't bother getting a ticket for Wembley should we get to the final, someone more loyal and supporting should go instead of you.

I don't disagree with you at all, I don't know what will happen, but one thing is for sure, I believe it CAN happen, and that's the reality.

The worst thing is, you're hear spouting off about what you're convinced will and won't happen, yet you'll probably be first on here whingeing, whining and slagging the players off when what you've predicted comes true.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good shout. 

​No it's not, not really.

When Grant was out injured, they brought in Butland to replace him. That suggests they didn't believe Roos to be good enough to start for the first team. 

Why would we drop an experienced, and our No 1, goalkeeper for the biggest game of the season? Because he's made a couple of blunders/had poor games?

Don't be silly, every player has an off day. Grant's had a couple this season but other than those has been our most consistent performer and a lot of the time doesn't get the praise he deserves.

When Grant was out injured, they brought in Butland to replace him. That suggests they didn't believe Roos to be good enough to start for the first team. 

Why would we drop an experienced, and our No 1, goalkeeper for the biggest game of the season? Because he's made a couple of blunders/had poor games?

Don't be silly, every player has an off day. Grant's had a couple this season but other than those has been our most consistent performer and a lot of the time doesn't get the praise he deserves.

They actually came out and said as much.

Kelle is a good young talent, but we need our number 1 in goal from now till the end of the season.

I think Grant will be at Wembley and has had a mostly good season and  I was just responding to another  poster .

McClaren decides things like that .

You know if we have to play another year in the Champ?

I think I'll be ok with it. I just enjoy the games now

​I know what you mean and while I'm still emotionally vested in the odd game and do dream of glory (like every other fan); I've sort of come to terms with the fact that we might have been slightly over-achieving previously.

Like today, I wasn't all that gutted when they scored a fourth. I'm of the opinion now that if we're good enough, we'll get what we deserve and get promoted, whether that's this season, next season etc.

​Why shouldn't I?

If these players go into games lacking confidence and doubting themselves, it is exactly you and others like you I will blame. At a time when the team needs some faith, support and belief, here you are saying "no, you WON'T win".

I hope you don't bother getting a ticket for Wembley should we get to the final, someone more loyal and supporting should go instead of you.

I don't disagree with you at all, I don't know what will happen, but one thing is for sure, I believe it CAN happen, and that's the reality.

The worst thing is, you're hear spouting off about what you're convinced will and won't happen, yet you'll probably be first on here whingeing, whining and slagging the players off when what you've predicted comes true.

​If we get to Wembley I hope JW gets a ticket, then JW could raffle it off on this forum and put all the money on us losing the final (is JW a red dog in disguise)

I think Grant will be at Wembley and has had a mostly good season and  I was just responding to another  poster .

McClaren decides things like that .

​I think Grant gets a lot of stick when he has a poor game but people often forget how many crucial saves he has made for us. Saves that have secured us all 3 points and have been as vital as a goal.

In my opinion, he's one of the finest keepers in the league and we're lucky to have him. 

​What you both need to remember is that FOUR teams are in the auto race now, we are not. We know right now, that our ONLY chance is a play-off win. Two of the four above us will be devastated, and possibly facing the label of "bottlers" having not secured automatic, with each of the four having been top at some point in the last week or two.

Neither of you are stupid, nor are you new to watching football, so to make any prediction about the playoffs is sheer lunacy, but to purposely predict negative results for your own team is classless and disgusting given the circumstances. You should hang your head in shame.

​Huh? I wasn't saying we weren't going to win at Wembley. I was just saying we aren't favourites for the playoffs and explaining why the bookies odds suggest that.

I've already booked my hotel for Wembley so how you can accuse me of not believing we are going up is beyond me.

​I think Grant gets a lot of stick when he has a poor game but people often forget how many crucial saves he has made for us. Saves that have secured us all 3 points and have been as vital as a goal.

In my opinion, he's one of the finest keepers in the league and we're lucky to have him. 

Felt sorry for Readings keeper today what a howler that was against Arsenal. 

​Why shouldn't I?

I won't be the first on here, that will probably be some plastic like i-Ram or Americanram who won't be at the game. And if any player goes into a wembley final lacking confidence then they don't deserve anything.

all of you tossers have such short memories, Billy D got us to Wembley with a useless team and we beat WBA. This team is brilliant by comparison, the manager is once again leaving but the club is in a better position, SOME of the players are better and I am looking forward to seeing 3 more matches. (hopefully)

PistoldPete2

Well I didn't go, but a team that scores four goals In  two successive games even tho they are missing their leading scorer is going to have a chance going into the play offs.

Ha, Just my opinion. If I was a negative person I wouldn't have forked out 55 quid to support the lads for the last two away games.

Didnt they do concessions ?

of course Brentford or Wolves could take our play off place if we are not good enough to get into that position ourselves.However once the season ends the play offs begin, it's like a whole new ball game.

All four teams start again 2 semis and a big final. Derby are streets ahead. We are taking our squad to Spain tomorrow as a team building exercise, Book your trains coaches and hotels because Derby are on their way to Wembley.

Archived