Martin out again?

davenportram

From the DET

DERBY County will monitor the fitness of top scorer Chris Martin ahead of tomorrow's Championship clash against Blackpool.

Martin started his first game for the Rams in two months on Saturday and played the 90 minutes against Brentford.

"If we are going to be honest, he played longer than we wanted him to on Saturday, and longer than it was recommended he played, but it was a needs must because we desperately wanted something form the game," said first-team coach Paul Simpson.

"So we will monitor him between now and Tuesday night to see whether he is fit."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-monitor-scorer-Chris-Martin-s/story-26324406-detail/story.html#ixzz3XC6tKx7w
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that will be Martin on the bench and Bent up top on his own again. Should make people's formation suggestions a bit easier

Let's be honest he looked woefully unfit on Saturday and maybe they stuck him out on the left wing to protect him and it wasn't just a bizarre tactical change

Doesnt give me any concern, just saying they want to rest him to keep him safe

and Blackpool are hardly a team we need to put our strongest 11 out

if we can't beat them with a strike force of Darren bent, Tom ince and Jonny Russell then we're gonna need more than martin back to save us 

Agreed. ​I think if Bent is playing without Martin then Dawks is a must to keep better possession in the attacking half. ​

Some people keep saying let Dawkins go in the summer, I'll be so frustrated if he does because I feel we have never utilised him properly as its clear he's not really a winger. If you go on youtube and watch our goals from last season you will see when dawkins is involved in a move or in scoring a goal its more often then not when he's come inside and gone down the middle. He rarely hugs the touchline and puts a cross in as its not his game. His ability to link up the play and keep hold of the play could be very useful to our attacking moves. 

Archived