Martin out again?

davenportram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

​He didn't say anything about Bent - he just said Martin would be back, or they were hopeful he would be back, for Saturday. 

Macs been hopeful martin would be back for the last six weeks at least. And Thorne. 

When Thorne played v watford he was poor.

he is rusty and is not match fit.

there is no point in expecting the george to be the george thorne from last year.

let him rest, recover, build up his fitness in his own good time and come back next season. 

Even then we should sub him and rest him to avoid fatigue and the risk of associated injury.

kid gloves.

there is no point in expecting the george to be the george thorne from last year.

let him rest, recover, build up his fitness in his own good time and come back next season.

Even then we should sub him and rest him to avoid fatigue and the risk of associated injury.

kid gloves.

​An 80% Thorne at D/M would still be a vast improvement on what we have at the moment

​An 80% Thorne at D/M would still be a vast improvement on what we have at the moment

Except he was pretty craap to be honest.....pains me to say it too.

PistoldPete2

kid gloves.

Thorne played about 30 mins against Watford I think.... He was injured after about 15 mins tried to carry on but clearly not fit. He was awesome against the wendies even in his first game. We miss him badly and martin too. Whether either will be fully fit even for the play offs I don't know they just seem injury prone atm.

Thorne played about 30 mins against Watford I think.... He was injured after about 15 mins tried to carry on but clearly not fit. He was awesome against the wendies even in his first game. We miss him badly and martin too. Whether either will be fully fit even for the play offs I don't know they just seem injury prone atm.

No he wasn't. He was quite mediocre but because its George some folk understandably get a bit giddy.

he looked better against charlton, but its not really fair to play him until he is his old self again.

PistoldPete2

No he wasn't. He was quite mediocre but because its George some folk understandably get a bit giddy.

he looked better against charlton, but its not really fair to play him until he is his old self again.

Oh ok, you at right and I must have had an attack of the vapours. Actually I lied. I can see past the odd rusty pass, his positioning and calmness were still very much in evidence . Exactly what we have been missing. A less than fully fit George is better than anything we have but dare we risk him breaking down again?

​Still arguably a better option than Jeff Hendrick in that position though.

A less than fully fit George is better than anything we have but dare we risk him breaking down again?

thats the worry.

i wouldn't risk him. He's too valuable.

A playoff semi final is surely the one time you do risk a player, or in this case two players, especially if the game is close. If we get beat we've got a couple of months to rest up, the only reason to be cautious is if we win in semis and get to Wembley, as they're two players you want on the pitch then, so maybe you game manage them in semis. 

PistoldPete2

If they Thorne and martin are remotely fit but not match fit then maybe have them in the semi final squad. If there is one match you risk them for its a play off final... Remember 2007 when both Barnes and Johnson suffered recurrences of their injuries yet both helped us get to the prem.

But both finished their carers. 

​I'm going to finish my carer if she serves up another Nasi Goreng Pattaya without tucking it into the requisite omelette like she did (or rather didn't) tonight.

Archived