First Car

Dale The Ram

Ey up me ducks,

So I'm learning to drive, passed my theory last week and hopefully putting in for my practical next month.

Found a terrible (no offence to anyone who has one) Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 2000-2003 worth at most £400

Thought id see what quotes I could get.

17 year old from Chellaston,

Said I have the pass plus scheme with my liscense

Ive said 3500 miles a year with £250 Voluntary Excess

And the magic number was???????

£2208 a year.... Unbelievable eh?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unsurprising. 

I'm going back a five or so years now, but when I passed my test at the ripe old age of 19, my insurance was £1800 I believe. 

I had a 1.2 Corsa worth about £2500. 

My gurt has just passed her test and went out and bought a £8000 car and got insured for less than I'm currently paying now. It's beggers belief.

Grow a pair of titties and you'll be fine. 

Unsurprising. 

I'm going back a five or so years now, but when I passed my test at the ripe old age of 19, my insurance was £1800 I believe. 

I had a 1.2 Corsa worth about £2500. 

My gurt has just passed her test and went out and bought a £8000 car and got insured for less than I'm currently paying now. It's beggers belief.

Grow a pair of titties and you'll be fine. 

​Shouldnt be anymore, EU directive says they cant discriminate on gender

I was lucky enough to be put on my parents plan so I dont pay owt

Bright blue mini - KYS 779V - it's the only reg i remember - I used to have to stop on Milford Straight and collect the bits that had fallen off - mainly a chrome strip that ran round one side of the car - I loved that car.  Insurance wasn't as big an issue then. 

Bright blue mini - KYS 779V - it's the only reg i remember - I used to have to stop on Milford Straight and collect the bits that had fallen off - mainly a chrome strip that ran round one side of the car - I loved that car.  Insurance wasn't as big an issue then. 

There are loads of little tricks to get lower insurance, just need to keep playing with all the options. You should get a lower quote without lying... much.

Yeah I saved around 30 quid changing my occupation from engineer to factory worker, moneysavingexpert.com has a good guide on reducing your premium.

Archived