First Car

Dale The Ram

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Great point!

Regarding Female drivers, I bet you never knew there is a car insurance company called GirlsDriveBetter.com - Only for females which I deem as sexist, don't get me started on sexism ill be going on about it for 16 pages

Insurance companies are no longer allowed to rate differently based on sex of the driver, so in theory if your male or female, with the same car etc the price would be the same. This is quite recent in the last 18 months or so.

Insurance companies are no longer allowed to rate differently based on sex of the driver, so in theory if your male or female, with the same car etc the price would be the same. This is quite recent in the last 18 months or so.

they find another way to claim that's the case. 

I just just bought a new car (Seat Leon FR) and it was about £80 cheaper to insure the girlfriend on it compared to my dad, despite her having an accident in 2012. 

Sith Happens

they find another way to claim that's the case. 

I just just bought a new car (Seat Leon FR) and it was about £80 cheaper to insure the girlfriend on it compared to my dad, despite her having an accident in 2012. 

There are other factors though, an accident 3 years ago would usually be ignored, and your dad might have a higher risk occupation etc...

Plus if you live with your girlfriend then that would make it cheaper

Archived