£60m war chest waiting for Mc at Newcastle

irobinson

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not in the slightest, loads of deals in football are agreed long before it becomes official. ​Been all over the press, and continues to be, but no-one's going to come out in an official capacity. It's not the way it works and besides, if you do you get into the area of legalities and contracts.  

What I don't know, and what I've been unable to find out, is what form of 'agreement' there is supposed to be, be it a "gentleman's" which is essentially on a handshake and could alter on either side, or something firmer. 

Was out walking the dog earlier and bumped into a ex ram who I know well and is still heavily involved at the club and mentioned the articles and this thread.

His reply was the club and management find these rumours highly amusing absolutely no truth in them just lazy journalism from reporters with a lack of football to report on.

He did say in football rule nothing out but right now it is just people trying to light fires and disrupt the club from concentrating on the promotion battle.

You're being incredibly naive if you think that Sam Rush has to sanction anything when a Premiership club comes calling and a manager decides he wants to go. As I said in a post just now, there is nothing anyone can do if Newcastle want McClaren, McClaren wants to go, tells Rush and everyone says let's wait til the end of the season as Newcastle aren't going down but McClaren has a great chance of getting Derby up. There doesn't have to be anything official, nothing has to be announced. It doesn't mean it hasn't been agreed and people are both clubs are working behind the scenes into the next phase. 

The fact that the form is declining makes me believe that this isn't true, cos if it was, the Derby board would not allow this to ruin the promotion push and would've put McClaren out to pasture now.

​Whilst I don't believe it either I'm pretty sure they would look at the whole situation, our 2 strikers and 3 dm's all out injured wiping out 2 important positions most managers would struggle given that hand.

Explains why Eric Steele was openly criticising certain decisions while chatting to some lads at St. George's Park yesterday.

According to Eric, "too much time and effort was spent on getting that spanish lad" (Raul)......."should have signed a striker in January"......."won't go up unless we get Martin and Thorne back"......."too much emphasis on defence instead of attack - stronger on paper this season but more effective last"...

Unusual for someone so involved to speak so openly to fans.

PistoldPete2

The fact that mclaren has a contract is sadly not the issue. If Newcastle want him, and if he wants to go then that's it.,, they will have to pay compo but that will be small beer for a premier team. Why mclaren would want a job that pardew walked out of is less obvious to me. 

Archived