£60m war chest waiting for Mc at Newcastle

irobinson

BBC gossip today says that there is going to be a clear out at Newcastle - Krul, Collicini et al. And Steve McClaren will get £60m to rebuild.

I am sort of getting the feelin he is off.......

I still can't believe what has happened to us over the last ten weeks......

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every manager leaves at some time or another, if he goes then it will be a disappointment but not the end of the world.

no point speculating until it happens though, the next 7 games should be the priority and should he lead us into the premier league their will be a host of top quality managers that would love the managers job if available.

Smacks of Burley throwing the play-offs against Preston, But that was out of spite. This seems to be about confusion and bewilderment amongst the troops ??  Its getting to the stage that the predicted exit will be almost welcome ....    As Leeds says there will be no shortage of takers and a new direction might be welcome ?

Smacks of Burley throwing the play-offs against Preston, But that was out of spite. This seems to be about confusion and bewilderment amongst the troops ??  Its getting to the stage that the predicted exit will be almost welcome ....    As Leeds says there will be no shortage of takers and a new direction might be welcome ?

He will go there is no doubt!! We are deluded if we think mac won't swap a relegation/promotion battle next season with mid table security in the prem with a lot more money to spend! Warburton next for me! Good with youth and plays a high pressure attacking style of play!

I'm not saying it's true,but I was told Thursday night that Mclaren to Newcastle was agreed just before they announced John Carver as temporary manager.

Promotion or not he is going newcastle according to him.

He reckons his source is a player who is currently injured who we think is a bit of a god and rhymes with "really dodgy but really good "

I'm not saying it's true,but I was told Thursday night that Mclaren to Newcastle was agreed just before they announced John Carver as temporary manager.

Promotion or not he is going newcastle according to him.

He reckons his source is a player who is currently injured who we think is a bit of a god and rhymes with "really dodgy but really good "

The modern game seems to favour the model of having a coach that concentrates on just the football and a director of football who takes ownership for the finances, recruitment and contract stuff. Guess that makes sense as clubs are a business and it spreads the accountability, means managers like Harry Rednap are becoming a thing of the past.

Steve Mc showed he could do this at Twente and now at Derby and that makes him one of the few managers who can thrive in that system who also knows the English game.

Makes total sense to me as to why they'd want him but he'll only be a success at Newcastle if he has the right team around him.

Archived