Omar season over

Day

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I dislike this news, what I do like is his attitude. The other day when Simmo said Omar could go back to Madrid for assessment and treatment, he said Omar wanted to stay here and be around the club. Top attitude from a loan player.

I think far too many people have been overly harsh on his performances this season, had some great games for us and played an active part in getting us top.

Whilst I dislike this news, what I do like is his attitude. The other day when Simmo said Omar could go back to Madrid for assessment and treatment, he said Omar wanted to stay here and be around the club. Top attitude from a loan player.

I think far too many people have been overly harsh on his performances this season, had some great games for us and played an active part in getting us top.

Thank christ.

Barring one performance against Wolves at home where we totally bullied them and the pressure was off, his contribution has been disappointing at best, a liability at worst.

He'll not be remembered here for very long, and if he goes on to have a career at Real Madrid, I go out and get gender reassignment surgery.

Good luck to the lad ... just not for me I'm afraid.

In the next few years he will be remembered like Alberto Beuno is remembered, which is virtually zilch.

If anyone suggests signing him up - do you not want to get out of this league? His attitude is good, but we can and must do better. He acted as a stop gap with Thornes injury, I'm confident that the management team thought we would get more than we have from him but he is not good enough for a top two team IMO, let alone the Prem.

I am sad his season is ending this way though but onwards we must go. 

You could see the guyhad skill, but he didn't "like it up him". The CDM role needs a bit of everything though

Eustace has the experience, the strength but not the skill

Omar has the skill but lacks strength and experience

Hanson has strength and skill but lacks experience

Thorne has them all - has he signed yet?

he's been as effective this season, if not more effective than Tom HUddlestone ever was in a Derby shirt.

Given the judgements dished out on this forum when signing the likes of Martin, Bent, Ince etc... I'm inclined to trust my own instincts. Given the right coaching, Omar could be a mid-table to top six midfielder in time. Looking at how poor the likes of Livermore and Carroll were, Omar is technically and mentally a much better player to have.

In the next few years he will be remembered like Alberto Beuno is remembered, which is virtually zilch.

If anyone suggests signing him up - do you not want to get out of this league? His attitude is good, but we can and must do better. He acted as a stop gap with Thornes injury, I'm confident that the management team thought we would get more than we have from him but he is not good enough for a top two team IMO, let alone the Prem.

I am sad his season is ending this way though but onwards we must go. 

You don't see chris evans and joe mcclaren competing for the claim to this signing now, but in truth he's been ok.

some good, some average, nothing really bad.

good luck to him.

Thank christ.

Barring one performance against Wolves at home where we totally bullied them and the pressure was off, his contribution has been disappointing at best, a liability at worst.

He'll not be remembered here for very long, and if he goes on to have a career at Real Madrid, I go out and get gender reassignment surgery.

Good luck to the lad ... just not for me I'm afraid.

Archived