Barker completes 90 mins!

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the game, he is miles  away from play again for the first team. If next season he plays 20 or 30 games with a Div 2 team, he will have done well.

His injury was so bad it's a miracle he got this far.   

He's about as fast and agile as my nan. You don't want him playing CDM for Derby. There's lorries that turn faster. 

Like Sage said, he's miles away. Even at his best he'd struggle to get in this team. We've moved on from the likes of Anderson and Leacock. Look at the progress of Buxton. He wasn't THAT far behind Barker back then. He's way better than Barker was now. And he's been in and out the team when fit. 

Barker was never going to play at this sort of level again. Too many matches and too much on his body. It's impressive that he's got where he is. But top of the Championship is way way ahead of him still

He's about as fast and agile as my nan. You don't want him playing CDM for Derby. There's lorries that turn faster. 

Like Sage said, he's miles away. Even at his best he'd struggle to get in this team. We've moved on from the likes of Anderson and Leacock. Look at the progress of Buxton. He wasn't THAT far behind Barker back then. He's way better than Barker was now. And he's been in and out the team when fit. 

Barker was never going to play at this sort of level again. Too many matches and too much on his body. It's impressive that he's got where he is. But top of the Championship is way way ahead of him still

I agree. He would be amazing. Those 40 yard passes he'd spray about the pitch, the devastating speed, agility to turn on a six pence. Yes definitely. I agree with you B4. Also let's get Kwame in, move Hanson to centre back for his height, get Max Lowe in and for his goals and assists, Simon Dawkins. Devastating line up.

Archived