Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not usually one for 'roll calls' but I think those who are going need to show Tom Ince a good reception. He'll be getting absolutely slaughtered by the home fans, so we need to show we support his decision.

Boo Hughes and Lingard if you have to... Bloody half-fans!

Im quietly confident about this game, don't get me wrong I think its going to be a struggle and we need to dig really deep to win but I fancy us to snatch a 1-0 with an og or fluke corner....

I don't know why usually im quite pessimistic but tonight I feel our fortune will change and set us up for a massive game against Watford on good Friday.

Fortune favours the Rams tonight .

My team would be:

Grant

Shotton Keogh Raul Forsyth

Thorne(if not Hanson)

Hughes Bryson

Ince Bent(if not Thomas) Russell

Shotton over Christie to counter the attacking threat of Sako. Thomas because Russell as a lone-striker doesn't work but he's too good to not be in our side. Bent & Thorne must play if they can, even if not 100% fit we need to win this and have a bit of confidence going into the int break. If we can win this and come back from the int break with a full strength squad (minus Omar and perhaps Eustace) then we can beat Watford. Beat Watford and we are right back in to the automatic race. 3/4 points from the next two and I think it'll be play-offs. 0/1/2 points from the next two and we'll have to look to consolidate our play-off position which would be a real shame given how most of the season has gone.

After a (very) bad couple of weeks, there will be a temptation to let it ride into the international break when we'll get players back, and think the cavalry are going to come and save us. That won't be good enought.

Lose again and we may be too far adrift. All the players we put out on the pitch tonight are fine Championship players capable of beating the opposition and every one has to stand up and be counted and believe it's up to them, not those returning soon, to drag the club back into the automatic promotion race through their own skill, determination and force of will.

Wolves were humiliated when we played them before and will be going all out for revenge. We need to remember how we humiliated them, and pick them off again.

This is a day of signs and portents - hell, we've even had a solar eclipse. It's a day for doing great deeds, winning handsomely tonight to go into the international break on a high being one of them.

It'll probably be the same team as it was against Boro, except Thorne and Bent in if fit (fingers crossed). Not sure if Russell and Ince can be the wingers. They both play best on the right and cut in onto their left foot.

No need to put in Shotton over Christie. He hasn't got the pace to counter Sako. I seem to recall Christie doing alright last time and Shotton hasn't really excelled at RB IMO.

Ince to get the booing treatment like playing for England is such an honour. 

Like Man United fans said when Ronaldo was getting abuse...

"You can stick ya ******* England up your arse"

He should have just had an "ankle niggle" like good old JT and other superstars...

Ince to get the booing treatment like playing for England is such an honour. 

Like Man United fans said when Ronaldo was getting abuse...

"You can stick ya ******* England up your arse"

He should have just had an "ankle niggle" like good old JT and other superstars...

I bet in America the attitude towards internationals is different is it?

Like here we are all very tribal about it all. Wayne Rooney is an England player until he has a bad game and then the club loyalties spill out and he becomes Man United's Rooney. 

You wouldn't get a Liverpool fan fully getting behind Rooney. They'd back him a bit until he makes a few errors and then they'd hammer him as a United player. 

Also playing for England comes with huge expectation. They'll call you rubbish all over social media and in the pub. Then come the World Cup you'll be expected to win it. Then you get slated for not doing so and the manager will be sacked too.

Think it comes from a few things. Fans don't drop their loyalties. Our media feed the fans moods. Building the team up and tearing them down. Fans want to be told they can win the world cup. Then they want to read about 150k per week players not caring. So the media gives it to them and milks it. 

Managing England is the most ridiculous job. it's like being tasked with winning the Champions League with Spurs. 

Do you get that in the USA? Or any other countries? Do people drop club loyalties? And do the US have realistic  goals?  

I bet in America the attitude towards internationals is different is it?

Like here we are all very tribal about it all. Wayne Rooney is an England player until he has a bad game and then the club loyalties spill out and he becomes Man United's Rooney. 

You wouldn't get a Liverpool fan fully getting behind Rooney. They'd back him a bit until he makes a few errors and then they'd hammer him as a United player. 

Also playing for England comes with huge expectation. They'll call you rubbish all over social media and in the pub. Then come the World Cup you'll be expected to win it. Then you get slated for not doing so and the manager will be sacked too.

Think it comes from a few things. Fans don't drop their loyalties. Our media feed the fans moods. Building the team up and tearing them down. Fans want to be told they can win the world cup. Then they want to read about 150k per week players not caring. So the media gives it to them and milks it. 

Managing England is the most ridiculous job. it's like being tasked with winning the Champions League with Spurs. 

Do you get that in the USA? Or any other countries? Do people drop club loyalties? And do the US have realistic  goals?  

Sterling is a great example. If he was a teenager at Derby, at United, at anywhere then we'd be saying things like we said about Ibe.

needs to look up, needs discipline, needs to know when and where to use his exciting talent.

But when playing for England he's a Liverpool player.  You can't just switch that off. He's from mighty Liverpool.  One of the biggest clubs in the world they say. From the best league in the world. With the best players on the best money. And to be honest I'm not putting up with his stupid dumb decisions. What do you mean he's on 100k per week? He slept with who?! He drives what? The scouse ****.

Yet take that to Liverpool fans and they don't care what the Mancs think. They know he's learning and got a lot to learn. What do you want him to drive? A pushbike? Sleep with Susan Boyle? Maybe instead of blaming him you should be asking why Rooney isn't earning his money. Thought he was this superstar for the Mancs? Look at what he's earning and driving.

Then switch to the United fans who basically say the same back. 

Then the media stir it. Tell people what they want to hear. 

The only loser is the national team. The players who one day dreamed of playing for England now feel more at home among their own fans. They can't win. 

My team would be:

Grant

Shotton Keogh Raul Forsyth

Thorne(if not Hanson)

Hughes Bryson

Ince Bent(if not Thomas) Russell

Shotton over Christie to counter the attacking threat of Sako. Thomas because Russell as a lone-striker doesn't work but he's too good to not be in our side. Bent & Thorne must play if they can, even if not 100% fit we need to win this and have a bit of confidence going into the int break. If we can win this and come back from the int break with a full strength squad (minus Omar and perhaps Eustace) then we can beat Watford. Beat Watford and we are right back in to the automatic race. 3/4 points from the next two and I think it'll be play-offs. 0/1/2 points from the next two and we'll have to look to consolidate our play-off position which would be a real shame given how most of the season has gone.

There's a lot near the ground, small ones and all that. Away from the ground you could park on the train station, not sure on the price but it's only a 5 min walk from the ground. In the past I've also parked on the small retail park next to the ground (think there's a BnQ there)

No postcodes sorry but it should be fairly easy to spot :)

Archived