Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of people are frustrated, but if you can't see that tonight was just a case of extreme bad luck you're a *****. If you want to slaughter the manager or the players by all means go through the embarrassing Fulham game and the Boro and Norwich games where we failed to compete.

Tonight I thought McClaren was brave with his team selection in changing it up and dropping the defensive midfielder. Ince was fantastic in the hole and it's good we've finally discovered a legitimate second option, albeit several weeks too late. I'm pleased to see Bryson back in the starting 11, but annoyed that it's taken an injury for the out of form Hendrick to be dropped.

I know a lot of people are frustrated, but if you can't see that tonight was just a case of extreme bad luck you're a *****. If you want to slaughter the manager or the players by all means go through the embarrassing Fulham game and the Boro and Norwich games where we failed to compete.

Tonight I thought McClaren was brave with his team selection in changing it up and dropping the defensive midfielder. Ince was fantastic in the hole and it's good we've finally discovered a legitimate second option, albeit several weeks too late. I'm pleased to see Bryson back in the starting 11, but annoyed that it's taken an injury for the out of form Hendrick to be dropped.

What Steve said after the match was spot on in every way. And he's right. 

He can't help defensive howlers like we are making game after game after game. 

Right now I'm fed up with some of the players and their incapability to do some pretty basic things, but no issue with McClaren at all. What he did and the way he set his team up tonight was bold and positive.

Do you think Steele has coached Grant to punch balls like that?

Do you think McClaren coached Forsyth to hit a casual half arsed ball? 

You seem to be leaning towards a McClaren  out way of thinking. I hope you get as fed up of Midtable mediocrity as I was. Because that's what these players were before Mac's awful coaching.

​The refereeing decison was appalling. If it was a foul and Bent was in a goal scoring position (which he was) why wasn't Batth sent off and the goal allowed?. Most referees would have waited a few seconds prior to bringing the play back apart from the retard tonight.

I agree that the referee made a silly mistake that cost us either a goal or the opportunity to play against 10 men. That apart, again we did not really create anything, just endless crosses into the box that Wolves found easy to deal with. I understand your disappointment but it really is too predictable. My question mark against McClaren is that with the loss of his centre foreward he has done nothing to change the way we play to suit the players that we have available. In my opinion, we have good players and a good manager who has had some shortcomings exposed lately. I know yet another two bad mistakes cost us, but we do not particularly look like scoring, and that is a worry. 

Gutted about the result but happy with the performance tonight (mistakes aside obviously).

I’m glad we have the old Derby way of playing back, really despised the football we’ve played in the last few games!

We’ve had no luck what so ever tonight hit the post a couple of times, got into some good positions, and of course the referee didn’t live up to the magnitude of the match. Should have been 1-0 to us or wolves down to 10. If either happened I feel we would have won comfortably.

Not sure whats happened with Grant recently? Appalling own goal. One last chance to prove himself for me and if he keeps making these mistakes then bring in a loan or start Roos. Its bad enough having recurring defensive errors, but goalkeeping errors? Come on Granty get back to your old self, we need you for the last 7!

The performance tonight has shown me that we can still make something of this season and with our player of the season Chrissy Martin and super George Thorne coming back we might actually be able to field our best team for the first time this season!

We can still do this! :)

Do you think Steele has coached Grant to punch balls like that?

Do you think McClaren coached Forsyth to hit a casual half arsed ball? 

You seem to be leaning towards a McClaren  out way of thinking. I hope you get as fed up of Midtable mediocrity as I was. Because that's what these players were before Mac's awful coaching.

I thought we well tonight, couple of mistakes has cost us the game, but we went for it....although we lost I think the way we lost was better , if that makes sense!

For 80 mins we looked decent, we had plenty of chances which is encouraging - just bad luck and 2 errors cost us tonight.

Autos are now gone, playoffs it is, on another day we would have hit 3/4, the overall performance was much better, we now have the break to prepare for Watford, onwards and upwards.'.....

The fact he played mascarell and Hanson before Bryso beggars belief , this nonsense he can't play there with Hughes n Hendrick in front of him has just been proved another wrong decision tonight from mclaren , mind you although bryson was our best player the night I still prefer him getting forward more but obviously under instructions the night to hang back 

Archived