Rhodes or McCormack

Kernow

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a fair bit of talk linking us to a striker in on loan - mainly Jordan Rhodes or Ross McCormack.

For arguments sake let's say we are actually in for both of these, who would you rather have?

Personally I would rather Rhodes, always seems dangerous even when he isn't playing well and always gets a good goal return no matter what. McCormack would offer more all round although perhaps not as instinctive as Rhodes, he can win games in the same way through moments of brilliance.

I'd happily take both here for the last 10 games to hopefully get us over the line.

Why would you sign someone for a month or until the end of the season only to have him play 1 game, maybe 2 until Martin is back.

We are already forking out a fortune for Bent, we dont need the burden of forking out for the vastly overpaid mcCormack or Rhodes.

Are either available? Not seen anything reliable to suggest either player will be going anywhere. Blackburn could have sold Rhodes in January and now they'll loan him out?

Rate McCormack. Having that price tag on him has meant he's judged on a higher level. He's still a class Champ forward. It's Fulham that are rubbish for thinking they needed to spend £11m on him. 

Bizarre rumours. Seem stupid to me. 

Simmo mentioned that Martin was still struggling. Hamstring injuries are rarely straightforward and his general fitness will getting worse everyday. Bent has not even started his recuperation yet. It is possible that neither will be back this season. It is likely that neither will play before the international break. By then we are likely to be outside the play off places. To suggest we don't need another striker is a little difficult to fathom.

For me, of the two mentioned above, McCormack is the better player, but Rhodes suits our current situation. He can play a bit with his back to goal and is decent in the air. He'd be a slightly different kind of target man to Martin, but effective enough to keep us in the mix.

Can we get Adebeyour,if that's how you spell it,to play CB alongside Albertosa,,Cole back from Italy,and Brayford back from where ever he ended up ?then we can start worrying where the goals will come from.Anything can and will happen in the next ten games,we have to support our team,believe in our owners and management team,and pray like sausage with a capital F.

McCormack is a funny one, but he isn't anything like Martin. I don't think Rhodes is either, really. 

As an all-round player then McCormack wins the battle outright comfortably. However, for a central striker then I'd have to say Rhodes. 

McCormack is very, very similar to Russell. He is incredibly hard working and while he can play with his back to goal and bring other players into play, he does like finding gaps and doesn't tend to battle man-for-man. 

In an ideal starting XI then McCormack and Russell would be competing for a place. It's an incredible problem to have, but it makes little sense to see why we would go all out. Saying that, if Martin is to miss our next two games then a frontline of McCormack, Ince and Russell would give me a bit more confidence. 

Archived