Rhodes or McCormack

Kernow

Been a fair bit of talk linking us to a striker in on loan - mainly Jordan Rhodes or Ross McCormack.

For arguments sake let's say we are actually in for both of these, who would you rather have?

Personally I would rather Rhodes, always seems dangerous even when he isn't playing well and always gets a good goal return no matter what. McCormack would offer more all round although perhaps not as instinctive as Rhodes, he can win games in the same way through moments of brilliance.

I'd happily take both here for the last 10 games to hopefully get us over the line.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point regarding hold up play, although I would look at it more as someone who can play with Martin. He's all but back so would be silly signing someone to play instead of him.

McCormack would work in Martin's role better than Rhodes though. Although Rhodes & Martin are both the same height (6ft1) and McCormack is much shorter at 5ft9, our hold up striker/target man isn't meant to flick the ball on/win headers, how often do you see Martin leave the ground let alone win headers?

I think McCormack would definitely possess better qualities in Martin's role such as technical ability, strength.

Anyone who thinks McCormack is anything like Martin has not watched one of them play! McCormack is more like Jamie Ward or Simon Dawkins! He's a runner, getting on the end of through-balls. He's not a hold-up back to goal player like Martin is! He's more of a winger!

I'd go for Rhodes, he's instinctive and not affected by confidence. 

Anyone who thinks McCormack is anything like Martin has not watched one of them play! McCormack is more like Jamie Ward or Simon Dawkins! He's a runner, getting on the end of through-balls. He's not a hold-up back to goal player like Martin is! He's more of a winger!

I'd go for Rhodes, he's instinctive and not affected by confidence. 

Archived