If we get promotion, then what?

We are so hit and miss in this division, what if we get promotion, then what?

Can you see a team clear out?

I could see us keeping, Grant, Albentosa [Mark Wright?], Forsyth,Hendrick, Dawkins, Thorne, Ince, Bent, Martin, Russell  -is there anyboby else good enough to move up a league and compete?

Could you actually see the owners doing some serious business and bring in quality players?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the loan players return and the players out of contract move on, we'll have a thread bare squad. 

I can't see anybody being actively pushed out the club. I'd imagine Ward would move on, but apart from that I would expect the players to stay.

Ince and Bent's stay would be almost guaranteed, too. 

I'd expect a fairly sizeable investment based on this season. I'd imagine we'll be talking a few record-breaking fees and some large wages. I'd bank on between six and eight first-team signings.

When the loan players return and the players out of contract move on, we'll have a thread bare squad. 

I can't see anybody being actively pushed out the club. I'd imagine Ward would move on, but apart from that I would expect the players to stay.

Ince and Bent's stay would be almost guaranteed, too. 

I'd expect a fairly sizeable investment based on this season. I'd imagine we'll be talking a few record-breaking fees and some large wages. I'd bank on between six and eight first-team signings.

None of them are good enough. They're all rubbish. Won't make the play offs. Pure luck we've come as close as we have 2 seasons in a row. The Premier League is for world class players only

McClaren out, get Brian McDermott in.

I've seen nothing from Agbonlahor to show he could cut it in the Prem yet somehow he's made a career out of it! 

Who had Joe Allen down for Champions League football. Or Rickie Lambert for the journey he's had

I think we'd do a Swansea/Southampton and stay up because we have a definite, distinctive, style of play and creativity going forward. we'd need at least 2 PL standard defenders.

Ince and Bent would be signed.

Buxton and Keogh go to Sheffield utd.

The Scottish contingent cement their places and Scotland qualify for Euro 2016.

after about a week of happiness the grumbles would start. 

by 3 games into the season the East stand will be it's usual groaning, tutting self.

Archived