Grant's recent form.

Rams1884

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Spot on mate.

Kuszcak is scared to death when facing us - we mullered him when he was in nets for brighton last season. we need to realise that we play a high risk game and sometimes it just doesn't come off.

having said that i do think it is reasonable not to expect some of the rubbish unforced errors we see. I do not include in that the Keogh last ditch lunges that some others seem to regard as critical errors. Very few of those arise - in my opinion - from situations Keogh has created.

Can we not reduce the unforced errors by sensible coaching without  ruining our style of play by introducing loads of "percentage balls"? We don't want a load of hoofs that ok , minimise the risk of danger to our goal, but eqully offer no threat of build up or pressure to the oppoisiton goal.

He won't change gks at this stage of the season. I would as that was a horrific howler. Add that to him being a liability on his near post (see forest, sheff weds, tonight) and Rotherham away, its not good enough. He is off form like others. I like grant but if I was roos I'd be wondering what I'd have to do.

Fair play to him apparently facing the media after that shocking error. He Has made a few mistakes this season but he isn't De Gea or Manuel Neuer. He plays in the championship for a reason. Every goalkeeper in this division will make mistakes. Unfortunately Granty has a very sloppy defence in front of him aswell.

I agree.

1st goal Forsyth giveaway, Keogh stands to far off his man then does his trademark ****fall. Grant tried to make the perfect save. Needed to just stick a boot out. 

2nd goal Forsyth miss kick, Keogh then for some bizarre reason tried to wrestle the attacker, ends up on his arse. Grant caught between catching, punching, and watching the attacker thats fallen at his feet. Did nowt but flap. 

3 players and 3 errors. 

Troy - I am one of these who is turning on Keogh and believing he is a problem rather than a help, but on the second tonight, Keogh barged his man out of the way to give Grant an unopposed route to the ball. He didn't even have the confidence to catch the ball. Grant messed up big time, Forsyth had a shock, but Keogh on the second didn't do anything wrong. On the first he should have done better to block but Forsyth and Grant were equally as bad.

Lee Grant for me now should have done better on tonight x 2, Rotherham x 1, Forest x 2, Wednesday x 1, Boro away x 1 and these are from memory with the majority this year. Worrying.

​Thats the thing!

Granty's form has been massively uneven. Fantastic first half of season, with all his high profile mistakes coming since turn of year (i think).

Keogh i would argue, has been very consistent. you know what you're going to get with Richard.

I agree.

1st goal Forsyth giveaway, Keogh stands to far off his man then does his trademark ****fall. Grant tried to make the perfect save. Needed to just stick a boot out. 

2nd goal Forsyth miss kick, Keogh then for some bizarre reason tried to wrestle the attacker, ends up on his arse. Grant caught between catching, punching, and watching the attacker thats fallen at his feet. Did nowt but flap. 

3 players and 3 errors. 

Said he has cost us big time and looked shaky since Bournemouth. With Christie, Captain Chaos and Grant in back 5 is it any wonder we ship goals galore???

​So he has no part to play in it at all? Does Forsyth? 

Why then is Robbie Savage, a former professional, and current pundit, asking what the **** Keogh is doing?

He's having a rough patch but a few iffy games doesn't make him a bad keeper. It's a shame about the mistake tonight, thought he did pretty well otherwise. His kicking was better, made a good couple of saves first half and looked calm and assured. I'll have to see the first goal on TV to judge that, looked like we had 2/3 defenders who could have done a bit more to block the shot rather than just unsight Grant.

Ruddy threw one in the net last week for us and he's not a bad one either. These kind of mistakes happen once a career, I'm sure Lee Grant has never punched a ball in the net like that before and I'm pretty confident he never will again! Just a shame for us that it's happened in a must win game against a team we're fighting against for a play off spot...

The whole defence was awful last night. 

Grant obviously completely at fault for the second one, the first goal fozzy gave it away but keogh and Christie could easily have got a block in and grant should still have saved it. 

The worst bit for me was when Sako walked through the middle of them all in the final minutes and all keogh and albentosa did was wave a lazy leg at him-totally unacceptable. 

And yes, albentosa is a dud. 

A big part of football is confidence and Grants has gone.

He is a very good keeper but he is nervous on edge right now scared to make a mistake knowing every point is vital he wants this as much as everyone.

Just remember when an outfield player makes a mistake (which they sll do) it's usually just giving away possession but when a keeper makes a mistake it's usually a goal given away.

Experience will stand him in good stead, I think he is still the man for the job given the alternatives

Archived