Grant's recent form.

Rams1884

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it with this site are we not allowed to criticise our own players. Grant's form since early Feb has been poor, 2nd goal v Sheff Wed he anticipated the shot going across him and it beat him on his near side and Adomah nearly did it again in first half on Tuesday. His positioning for goals at Fulham, 2nd v Birmingham and Norwich was questionable in fact of the last 15 goals we've conceded Grant has to be looked at for at least 10 of them. Simmo said after Reading cup-tie he felt Keller Roos was pushing him for the jersey - well maybe it's time to see

Never been a big fan of all this "punching malarkey". With the standard and quality of Goalkeeping gloves these days, you only have to put your hands out and the ball virtually sticks to them. He is an excellent shop stopper but can be a bit indecisive with crosses (reminicant of Poom). Unfortunately, when the defence is so suspect,  at times it will un nerve the Keeper and in turn if the keeper is having a bad patch, the defence loose confidence. 

It was a bad mistake but he's a professional, so should be able to move on.

i have every confidence that Eric Steele will be working on catching crosses with him over the next two weeks 

I criticised a player on this forum once.. True story.. Learnt my lesson quickly.. you have a opinion? Don't be silly you can't have one :ph34r: especially if negative! I'm trying to be sensible with any posts with a ounce of negative!

IMO Like you said Grants been suspect for a while now I still rate him just confidence in them in front I think. It's like everyone is expecting a mistake to happen!

Grants confidence is shot to pieces, when I saw Roos at Fulham in the Capital One cup he made 3 great saves, caught the ball easily is a bigger presence than Grant. The Punch on Friday was unbelievable - as the ball spun off Craig's foot (crap clearance) I got up to have a comfort break and could not believe it came of the back of his gloves - he could have caught the ball as he is 6ft 4 !! Same a Rotherham, plus what was he doing at Bournemouth at the edge of his area - I think he has got too arrogant and not doing the basics.. shots through his legs from 12 yards, last gasp corner against Birmingham should have done better.. Roos will be chomping at the bit I would like to see him given the chance along with Warnock for the run in..

His mistake made it on the independents trending thing and went to the top of it. I have only watched it back once and I still can't work out why he didn't just catch it, I'm guessing he's probably doing the same thing now. 

I do like Grant but I have to agree he has seemed a little unfocused recently and like any other player if they keep making mistakes somebody else deserves a chance. I wouldn't bring Roos in yet, but if Grant was to make a couple more questionable errors before the end of the season, I think over the summer it would be fair game between him and Roos for number one.

It kind of happened to him when he was younger here, he was our number one, he was a good keeper by no means did he have the position tied down, and then suddenly after the summer the new season started and Lee Camp was in goal.

​1. Keogh

2. Buxton

3. McClaren

4. Sam Rush

5. Omar Mascarell

6. Cyrus Christie

7. Bryson

8. Hendrick

9. Grant

Think I may have missed Martin out, hasn't scored for a few matches, get rid I say, never make it in the premier league!!!

Grant has been nervy ever since a missed his punch against Rotherham.

hes been at fault (although not entirely) for several goals since then.

And.... his only decent performance was the one game where we actually defended as a unit from the front (norwich away)

Grant has been nervy ever since a missed his punch against Rotherham.

hes been at fault (although not entirely) for several goals since then.

And.... his only decent performance was the one game where we actually defended as a unit from the front (norwich away)

Granty is still struggling supposedly. Tried to change a light bulb in the changing rooms today, and after a lot of flapping at the ceiling rose, the bulb dropped out of the back of his hand. Fortunately, it didn't break. It landed on Keogh who was outstretched on the floor.

Archived