Grant's recent form.

Rams1884

No doubt he has looked very shaky over the last few weeks, doubt they would risk dropping him to put a youngster in though at this stage on balance, though he hasn't inspired much confidence since his comeback from the injury, seems like he's got double vision or something the way he tries to punch it out and misses it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is not a clown, he made a mistake today he has still had a great season.

That said, your post suggesting he was out of form was correct and didn't deserve the normal 'scapegoat' arguement that gets trotted out whenever anyone critiques a player.  It is that sort of response that has stopped me announcing Forsyth as the difference between the two teams tonight.

got to admit ..he is making errors more frequently .. but to flip the coin there as been times this season where he as been out standing ...plus  the last 6 matches are taking its toll on everyone ..wether it be management, players and fans ...

He made 2 mistakes today and cost us 2 goals... Awful performance. 

I have to say I can't stand Bryson, but he was great tonight, and all the rest of the players should be giving their salaries to Hughes...:incredible performance, feel so sorry for him. 

And for all you that were saying that Raul was "class" "la liga team of the month" "got to start" etc....he is a cart horse..

we felt as though it was a real coup to get Lee back and i still think that.

first goal looked like another late Keogh lunge after our defence possibly gave too much space in the box. Before I get shot down, that is a snap judgement and not intended to slag off Keogh, but to defend Granty. Look at a lot of what he has to deal with - as a team we play high defensively but then tend to back off meaning a lot of the shots he has to deal with come through legs and bodies.

Bloody tough being a Derby keeper in our system and with our defenders if you ask me

I agree.

1st goal Forsyth giveaway, Keogh stands to far off his man then does his trademark ****fall. Grant tried to make the perfect save. Needed to just stick a boot out. 

2nd goal Forsyth miss kick, Keogh then for some bizarre reason tried to wrestle the attacker, ends up on his arse. Grant caught between catching, punching, and watching the attacker thats fallen at his feet. Did nowt but flap. 

3 players and 3 errors. 

Alls said and done, as well as we played, really, if we were still playing now, I don't think we would have scored..sad as it is.

I have to say I can't stand Bryson, but he was great tonight, and all the rest of the players should be giving their salaries to Hughes...:incredible performance, feel so sorry for him. 

And for all you that were saying that Raul was "class" "la liga team of the month" "got to start" etc....he is a cart horse..

Grant made a terrific save from Afobe in the first 20mins to keep us in it til the 2nd half. 

Its tough being a goalkeeper as every mistake is usually punished also you can only really be as good as the defence which at the moment is struggling.

My verdict Grant gets the Benefit of the doubt.

Grant made a terrific save from Afobe in the first 20mins to keep us in it til the 2nd half. 

Its tough being a goalkeeper as every mistake is usually punished also you can only really be as good as the defence which at the moment is struggling.

My verdict Grant gets the Benefit of the doubt.

I don't rate Grant particularly highly but overall, he's been mostly really good this season and deserves our continued support. Everyone makes mistakes, and as I said in another thread, Grant will be as gutted as anyone. It sounds really weird but I wish we had a fan that could just sit them down and reassure them that they haven't let everyone down. The coaching staff will be saying it but it's not quite the same as a fan doing it

Archived