Grant's recent form.

Rams1884

He's having a rough patch but a few iffy games doesn't make him a bad keeper. It's a shame about the mistake tonight, thought he did pretty well otherwise. His kicking was better, made a good couple of saves first half and looked calm and assured. I'll have to see the first goal on TV to judge that, looked like we had 2/3 defenders who could have done a bit more to block the shot rather than just unsight Grant.

Ruddy threw one in the net last week for us and he's not a bad one either. These kind of mistakes happen once a career, I'm sure Lee Grant has never punched a ball in the net like that before and I'm pretty confident he never will again! Just a shame for us that it's happened in a must win game against a team we're fighting against for a play off spot...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe, although I don't see a goal that Raul has been responsible for. 

He rarely gets beaten to be fair to him, and I reckon he will improve massively. 

To be fair, you could put Maldini next to Keogh, Christie and Forsyth and you would still concede goals. Each of them is liable to a total cock up. 

The saving grace for Forsyth is his forward play, and for keogh is his pace so he can often clear up his own errors (Bamford clean in on Tuesday. Going that tight was Sunday league defending but pace redeemed him). Not sure what Christies saving grace is. Not been the same player for months. 

Grant throws in the odd one or two, but without him at the start of the season, we wouldn't even been here now, and Norwich would have given us a bit of a hiding. 3 superb stops in that game. 

There are not many if any other goalkeepers in this division who I would rather have over Grant. A goalkeeper is only really as good as his defense. You look at Boro, Ipswich, Wolves all have dodgy goalkeepers but great defenses. Its not about one man between the sticks is the whole back 5.

Plus we have Eric Steele one of the most coveted goalkeeping coaches in the country, if he didnt think Grant was good enough he would action it 100%.

Thought the Boro keeper looked very efficient at Derby, is he generally rated as dodgy as was impressed with him throughout the game (though he didn't have to make too many hard saves admittedly, just his general command of the box).

If you compare Grant to their keeper last night, I know which I'd rather have.

OK, Grant made one awful mistake, but their keeper kept pushing it back out right into the box. On another day we'd have scored one of these rebounds.

I know which would lead to most goals conceded over the season. 

He'd had quite a bit to do this season. Horrible error last night but overall, he's earned us more points than he's lost us.

It's only a few months ago that many people on here were saying he was fantastic, that Eric Steele had taken him to a new level and that he was Premiership standard.

He's having a tough time, as are most of the team. Defensive errors, non scoring midfielders and forwards, injuries, a few dodgy calls by management and rotten luck have all contributed to our recent demise. Plus, I think we're expecting too much. This is a very good squad of players but we aren't special. There are several squads that are just as good.

Time to breathe in..hold it...and out. There's a lot of tension to come in April and May:)

​The one who couldn't catch a cold? Obviously this is a bit rich after Granty's mistake but do you think it's a coincidence we peppered Kuszczak last night after the two play off legs last year? Biggest flapper in the division. I don't rate him at all.

Of course comparing Grant to anyone last night you'd obviously say the other keeper. I'll compare Grant to every other Championship keeper I've seen in the past couple of years and I'm very happy with Grant.

I think it has to go down as the worst fumble of the season. In fact it may even make it onto one of those videos you can get at Christmas called something like, 'goal keeping cock ups.'

I can't quite understand what his thinking was. When you see the replay the forward isn't even holding his hand or anything like that.

I think it has to go down as the worst fumble of the season. In fact it may even make it onto one of those videos you can get at Christmas called something like, 'goal keeping cock ups.'

I can't quite understand what his thinking was. When you see the replay the forward isn't even holding his hand or anything like that.

Archived