Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Yarde v Arthur last night. 

Yarde got exactly what he deserved for doing nothing of note for 9 rounds. I think he forgot he was the challenger. 

His corners tactics seemed to consist of saying "lions in the camp" to him. 

Billy Joe Saunders the night before looked skillful as ever. 

Hahaha what a week for Frank "I think he's rank 2 with the WBO" Warren

Your bullies are getting found out now. And because you've lined them up easy wins nobody is gonna feel sorry for them. Should have been in proper fights. Yarde was navigated to that Kovalev shot yet turned down British fights with good solid opponents. Where does he go now? Back to the guys he built his rep on? 

Awful matchmaking once again. 

16 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Yarde v Arthur last night. 

Yarde got exactly what he deserved for doing nothing of note for 9 rounds. I think he forgot he was the challenger. 

His corners tactics seemed to consist of saying "lions in the camp" to him. 

Billy Joe Saunders the night before looked skillful as ever. 

I really dislike BJS but he does put on quite a show when he wants to

Oh, Erroll Spence Jnr back! Good win!!

Edited by Alpha

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So anyone can just have a PPV fight with anyone in an 'exhibition' now then? 

What an absolute farce this is. 

20201206_231612.jpg

And millions will watch it because Floyd will leak an injury rumour or will have a disastrous camp or Logan Paul will do something made up like ko Canelo in training. 

Maybe Logan Paul could actually win this you know? Here, take my money!! 

Who watches these stupid exhibitions? They're as real as The Rock v Triple H but a lot lot less entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And millions will watch it because Floyd will leak an injury rumour or will have a disastrous camp or Logan Paul will do something made up like ko Canelo in training. 

Who watches these stupid exhibitions? They're as real as The Rock v Triple H but a lot lot less entertaining.

Such a stupid waste of everybody's time, but you know they'll make money at it. How can it even work? Logan Paul is miles taller than Floyd? I mean he won't land a hit regardless, it's just an absolute farce. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Is that for real .  Good god .  I remember when boxing was a proper sport.

On 06/12/2020 at 23:17, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

What an absolute farce this is. 

As much as a mismatch this obviously is, the amount of money and viewers this brings in is absolutely huge and it brings in a whole new audience too, which is great for the sport. Mayweather's highest PPV numbers was around 5.7m worldwide, KSI vs Logan Paul number 1 got 1.3m (also 1.2m illegal streams) and was the 29th all time highest PPV, so Mayweather vs Logan Paul will surely bring in A LOT too.

7 hours ago, Jubbs said:

As much as a mismatch this obviously is, the amount of money and viewers this brings in is absolutely huge and it brings in a whole new audience too, which is great for the sport. Mayweather's highest PPV numbers was around 5.7m worldwide, KSI vs Logan Paul number 1 got 1.3m (also 1.2m illegal streams) and was the 29th all time highest PPV, so Mayweather vs Logan Paul will surely bring in A LOT too.

All true but I don't know why people watch it. I've got YouTube streamers I watch but I wouldn't watch them box one of the greatest fighters in decades. 

I don't get why people are fans of everything a YouTube personality does. For example in gaming theirs a guy called Shroud who is a very successful competitive gamer. He has an army of fans who think he's like a God. The guy couldn't be more ordinary. He's just good at specific video games. 

It's really really weird how people can become a fan of someone and not see them just as a star in their field of work. 

I would not watch PPV Champions League Final if Tyson Fury was starting up front for Man City. I don't get how it could be anything other than farcical.

I would say wait until someone gets hurt but Floyd will just walk around for bit, take a few shots and then KO him. Just like Connor "comes from a boxing background" Mcgregor who was easy peasy work. 

Edited by Alpha

On 07/12/2020 at 00:31, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Is that for real .  Good god .  I remember when boxing was a proper sport.

It still is but weird little creatures who can't think for themselves will pay $50 to watch their favourite content creator put on some gloves and fight a guy that has decades of fighting experience at the highest level. 

Why?

Because YouTube personality and content creator might land a lucky punch. (Except there's no such thing as a lucky punch of course). 

Hopefully there's a WWE Royal Rumble or cage match to watch instead. More real.

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It still is but weird little creatures who can't think for themselves will pay $50 to watch their favourite content creator put on some gloves and fight a guy that has decades of fighting experience at the highest level. 

Why?

Because YouTube personality and content creator might land a lucky punch. (Except there's no such thing as a lucky punch of course). 

Hopefully there's a WWE Royal Rumble or cage match to watch instead. More real.

To be honest I blame the professional boxers in this kind of carry on .  Perhaps they might say 'do you know what, it took a hell of a lot of getting hit and work to get to a point where i was world champion and eventually I made that much money from it I'd struggle to spend it in 3 lifetimes .  Better to have a bit of respect for the sport , people who watch it and those coming through the ranks who hope to have what I have one day and keep it's integrity.  Stick your joke fight up your arse ' .  Wishful thinking I suppose.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be honest I blame the professional boxers in this kind of carry on .  Perhaps they might say 'do you know what, it took a hell of a lot of getting hit and work to get to a point where i was world champion and eventually I made that much money from it I'd struggle to spend it in 3 lifetimes .  Better to have a bit of respect for the sport , people who watch it and those coming through the ranks who hope to have what I have one day and keep it's integrity.  Stick your joke fight up your arse ' .  Wishful thinking I suppose.

Yeah it would be good but Floyd is going to get millions for fighting somebody he wouldn't even let in their gym to train with their prospects. 

Easy money. 

Anyway, some real boxing is on. Joshua is back out and I would have thought Pulev should be easy work too. 

I suppose Pulev stands as much chance as Andy Ruiz but I think Joshua will be 10x better than that first Ruiz fight. 

Hopefully a stylish win back to his KO finishes

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

All true but I don't know why people watch it. I've got YouTube streamers I watch but I wouldn't watch them box one of the greatest fighters in decades. 

I don't get why people are fans of everything a YouTube personality does. For example in gaming theirs a guy called Shroud who is a very successful competitive gamer. He has an army of fans who think he's like a God. The guy couldn't be more ordinary. He's just good at specific video games. 

It's really really weird how people can become a fan of someone and not see them just as a star in their field of work

People are fans of certain people and will watch anything they do, so loads will buy this ppv. Then there's others who hate Logan for example and just want to watch to see him lose, I'll probably find a stream I'm not gonna lie.

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

I would say wait until someone gets hurt but Floyd will just walk around for bit, take a few shots and then KO him. Just like Connor "comes from a boxing background" Mcgregor who was easy peasy work. 

Obviously I can't see anything other than a Mayweather win, but there's a major difference in this fight. Logan weighed just under 200lbs for his KSI fight and is 6ft 2. Mayweather is said to naturally be 160lbs and he's 5ft 8. There's a 40lb weight difference, 6 inch height and 4 inch reach advantage. That's huge, but obviously the boxing skills of Mayweather should surely see him win this.

They'll play on the fact that Mayweather is much smaller then. 

Still won't help Logan Paul against a lifetime of ringcraft. He won't have a clue how to use his size never mind actually using it. 

Mayweather will control the range, distance and pace for every second

44 minutes ago, Alpha said:

They'll play on the fact that Mayweather is much smaller then. 

Still won't help Logan Paul against a lifetime of ringcraft. He won't have a clue how to use his size never mind actually using it. 

Mayweather will control the range, distance and pace for every second

Logan Paul couldn't even beat KSI ffs. The chances of him landing any punches that Mayweather doesn't allow him is nil. The cynic in me says like with Conor McGregor, Mayweather might deliberately drop a few rounds and the start before whipping him.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Logan Paul couldn't even beat KSI ffs. The chances of him landing any punches that Mayweather doesn't allow him is nil. The cynic in me says like with Conor McGregor, Mayweather might deliberately drop a few rounds and the start before whipping him.

Definitely, he'll be thinking if I let Logan Paul land a shot or two then they'll buy a KSI or Jake Paul ppv!