Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. Thats not gonna get you a Mayweather fight next year

Haha.

There must be some small part of you that admires a 25-year-old bloke for reaching a status where he's a multi-millionaire, has models on tap and manages to blag a boxing match with one of the greatest of all time.

Admit it, that would be a pretty fun life to lead.

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Haha.

There must be some small part of you that admires a 25-year-old bloke for reaching a status where he's a multi-millionaire, has models on tap and manages to blag a boxing match with one of the greatest of all time.

Admit it, that would be a pretty fun life to lead.

From what I've seen he's a pretty crappy human. I do feel admiration for KSI. I quite like him. 

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

From what I've seen he's a pretty crappy human. I do feel admiration for KSI. I quite like him. 

As difficult as it is to get a grip on someone's character when you've never met them, he does seem to have grown up since the suicide forest incident. I think all the poo that was (rightfully) thrown at him after that really took its toll on him. 

Very easy for us to judge when we're not thrown ludicrous amounts of money and fame at such a young age. 

By all accounts, in day-to-day interactions, he's a decent bloke but his brother is an absolute prize bamford. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

26 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

AJ - Pulev weigh in, while not on the Hayes - Chisora presser scale, a wee bit tasty all the same. Genuine needle or an attempt to breathe life into a fight that has yet to fire up the public?

Nah that looked genuine. Pulev must have had a cheeky line coming in all pumped like that. Or maybe he's been very clever and just invited AJ to come up close where he can do his usual wrestling moves. 

AJ should remain calm, lead Pulev like a dog for a few rounds and then feed him the canvas. 

Remember Pulev v Chisora was when Chisora got slapped and stalked a guy through a hotel (and roughed him up apparently). I think Pulev has more mouth than ability. 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I always feel like they're contractually obliged to have a bit of a rumble and argument in the build up to help sell PPV.

Some are, some are just pumped. Hearn admits to telling fighters they have to talk to sell fights. 

Tyson loves to have fun in the build ups. Wilder too. Proper panto stuff

But people like Chisora and Whyte you can tell are fiery in just sit down interviews in the build up. 

AJ is always respectful though until someone gives him grief. Pulev loves his intimidation tactics and that Bulgarian mafia that tags along. 

Okolie going to be a problem because of his size but they're ruling out some monsters in that division. Cruiserweight has some beasts in it. Fighters that are very clever and experienced. Theres no way that he would have destroyed Glowacki like that imo. 

This Jezewski fella kept stiffening up to take the shots, flat footed, square on no wonder he got rocked. Weird tactics. 

But fair play to Okolie, he was flawless. I just don't like his attitude towards other fighters that he's not fighting and he used to be a bully back in school. 

I just keep hearing what Eddie Hearn said, that he's going to clean up. Creates a bit of interest, even though the opponent tonight wasn't able to remotely deal with his power. Was worried after that second knock down that the lad was going to get seriously hurt.

Here we go then.....everyone reckons Joshua mid to late. Hard to disagree. Where's your money?

4 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I just keep hearing what Eddie Hearn said, that he's going to clean up. Creates a bit of interest, even though the opponent tonight wasn't able to remotely deal with his power. Was worried after that second knock down that the lad was going to get seriously hurt.

Here we go then.....everyone reckons Joshua mid to late. Hard to disagree. Where's your money?

I think middle rounds too. 5 or 6. Enough time for Pulev to realise he's bitten off more than he can chew. Then sweet dreams! 

Pulev is a bully. He relies on bullying tactics. He can't bully our two champions. ?????????