Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

32 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Fury pulled out of the Usyk fight after a nasty cut. What a shock. Never had the intention of fighting Usyk and it's the second time he's pulled out. 

Awful bloke. 

Fury looked in good shape I don't think anyone will fear Usyk after Dubois got robbed against him. In fairness it should be Dubois vs Ngannou for the undisputed heavy weight titles if boxing wasn't so corrupt.

40 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Fury looked in good shape I don't think anyone will fear Usyk after Dubois got robbed against him. In fairness it should be Dubois vs Ngannou for the undisputed heavy weight titles if boxing wasn't so corrupt.

The rumour is Fury is getting knocked about in sparring.

1 hour ago, David said:

Tbf it’s wide open cut right above the eye. Not sure if you’ve seen pictures but to heal in 2 weeks would be tough going. 

Look at his comments about Haye when he pulled out of their fight in 2013. 
Why is Fury sparring so hard 2 weeks before the fight? Is this clip new? Why is it filmed on a potato? 
Not convinced. 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

I don't think anyone will fear Usyk after Dubois got robbed against him

I wouldn't be fearing Fury after his awful showing against Francis either.

21 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Look at his comments about Haye when he pulled out of their fight in 2013. 
Why is Fury sparring so hard 2 weeks before the fight? Is this clip new? Why is it filmed on a potato? 
Not convinced. 

I wouldn't be fearing Fury after his awful showing against Francis either.

Not seen the clip, just the photo of the gash

2 hours ago, YouRams said:

Dubois quit against Usyk after being thoroughly outclassed.

The robbery line is laughable. First off It was a low blow, and secondly there is no proof Usyk wouldn’t have beaten the count.

The latest with Fury is a shame. A freak incident seems like a cover up for what was a big blow in sparring.

20 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Dubois quit against Usyk after being thoroughly outclassed.

The robbery line is laughable. First off It was a low blow, and secondly there is no proof Usyk wouldn’t have beaten the count.

The latest with Fury is a shame. A freak incident seems like a cover up for what was a big blow in sparring.

His belt was about up to his nipples, Usyk is weak to the body and he'll get found out again. Fully believe Fury takes him out, he got complacent and didn't train for Ngannou he never does that twice in a row.

3 hours ago, YouRams said:

His belt was about up to his nipples, Usyk is weak to the body and he'll get found out again. Fully believe Fury takes him out, he got complacent and didn't train for Ngannou he never does that twice in a row.

There are multiple videos showing Dubois hit him low. Half his fist was low on impact and his natural movement followed up. It was low, and any bladder hit from a heavyweight would cause a reaction.

Usyk isn’t any weaker to the body than Fury is to the head. Of the two, the latter has been on the canvas far more often. 

Fury didn’t get complacent. He is just a decent heavyweight who is vulnerable to being dropped at any moment. Usyk is far more skilled and only size will beat him, not boxing skills.

Proper night of boxing tonight.

Buatsi v Azeez should be a great contrast of style.  I'm guessing Buatsi is favourite with his 'skill' and height. Hopefully a proper tear up.

Decent undercard, Adam Azim is always worth watching.

14 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The rumour is Fury is getting knocked about in sparring.

Third time the fight has been cancelled. Even Fury fans are getting fed up. Incredibly clean cut though, so it should heal nicely 👀

Ah well, maybe a few man-size helpings of uncastrated wild boar might see him training better?

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Proper night of boxing tonight.

Buatsi v Azeez should be a great contrast of style.  I'm guessing Buatsi is favourite with his 'skill' and height. Hopefully a proper tear up.

Decent undercard, Adam Azim is always worth watching.

When I first saw Buatsi I thought he was a killer. Raw AF, but a nasty puncher. He's not really progressed markedly though and while he has pedigree, he's a mile off the Russian fighters IMO.

On that note, I read somewhere that the Russians are trying to snooker the Bivol - Beterbiev fight, so it could be that the winner of this fight ends up with one of those two. That's when their ride ends for me. I think either of the Russians dismantles either of the Brits and with minimal fuss.

Next fights aside, it's still a big fight and a really good match up on paper. Not looked and doubt I'll play, but I'd imagine Buatsi would start a heavy favourite, though it may not be as easy as the markets may suggest.

33 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

This Whittaker youth is a disgrace to boxing. I hope he gets his block knocked off. He is showing absolutely no class in the ring with his opponent!

He isn’t for me, can’t stand this sort of behaviour it’s disrespectful 

My kids are loving him.

Unbelievably quick head movement. 

Looks a real prospect,  I feel you may be waiting a while.

Really interesting Buatsi /Azeem fight.

Buatsi looked snappier, always had a immediate reply to a Azeem attack. Every time the straight jab rocked him back he threw a combination to show he was bossing it.

Azeem's corner just kept repeating for him to step up the workrate, pressure with body shots...just basically outwork him. Commentators were saying the same. 

It all seemed so simple that the only explanation he wasn't, .. was either he was fearful of getting tagged or he was too tired.

Last couple of rounds showed he was just absolutely f***** and had nothing more to give and was on his limit.

Don't think Buatsi looked like he could mix it with the really big boys on that showing. Great domestic fight, not an audition for a World level fight considering the titans around his weight.

Edited by Chester40

13 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

This Whittaker youth is a disgrace to boxing. I hope he gets his block knocked off. He is showing absolutely no class in the ring with his opponent!

He isn’t for me, can’t stand this sort of behaviour it’s disrespectful 

I think it's just his schtick, Ted. I don't think he's trying to show opponents up so much as show how good he is. it does wind folk up thouhg and as a result, people want to see him get his yap smashed in. That puts bums on seats. Look at the influencer crowd and the bucks they make. It ain't because those f****** can fight! I agree it looks disrespectful, but that boy can fight and he'll only do it until someone tags him anyway.

Also, when you think about it, there's been plenty of fighters down the years who have liked to toy with and taunt their opponents. I can see some method to the madness beyond mere posturing. Angry fighters make mistakes. I think this lad is a deal more calculating than he appears. Do I like it? No, not really, but I'd still pay to watch him fight.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Don't think Buatsi looked like he could mix it with the really big boys on that showing. Great domestic fight, not an audition for a World level fight considering the titans around his weight.

Yep, spot on for me, Chester. I thought Buatsi was actually pretty good last night, having not been wildly impressed with some of his recent fights. Azeez was game as you like and he's no mug, but Buatsi always looked in control countered most of the former's good work with more of his own. He had more of the remorselessness about him that we saw in his early fights. That said, I think the internet chatter linking Bivol or Beterbiev is fanciful. He's not at that level IMO, though he is likely to get a title shot sooner rather than later. He might be one of those fighters who is top tier, but not top class though. Only one way to find out, I guess!

Understandably not a popular fighter on here, though oddly and somewhat hypocritically, I'm still kind of rooting for him... Conor Benn. The end of one fight overlapped the beginning of the other, but he looked sharp against a durable, if limited, Dobson. He's definitely filled his frame and looks a lot more like his old man now and his foot work and hand speed both look improved. That said, Dobson, who appears to be made of solid granite, looked slow in his work and was relatively easy pickings for the nimbler Benn.

I've seen Hearn reported as having tried to re-arrange the Eubank fight, with Eubank's camp not wanting it. It'd be a fairer match now in some ways given Eubank was much the bigger fighter. Not so much now though, but while I do think it'll happen, it'll be on Eubank's terms, not Benn's. Wasn't keen myself before, but wouldn't mind it now.

Also Fury - Usyk rearranged for May. Pretty much past caring!

You know the light heavy division doesn't seem to have any ladder. It's all very meh and then you've got the elite. 

Yarde always annoyed me by fighting nobodies and then he went and jumped in with Kovalev. But there's not much out there for him to go up through to Kovalev and then onto the elite. Still think he wasted time on some absolute walkovers

Now Buatsi doesn't even have a faded Kovalev to test himself against. 

Have Buatsi and Yarde snookered themselves? They should have fought each other already and they should definitely do it soon. They have no reason to believe they could beat the likes of Bivol, Beterbiev. They need to build up and I can't see how? Gvodyk? High risk no money? Just got to fight each other?

The division is no mans land with two monsters hogging the belts 

1 hour ago, Alph said:

You know the light heavy division doesn't seem to have any ladder. It's all very meh and then you've got the elite. 

Yarde always annoyed me by fighting nobodies and then he went and jumped in with Kovalev. But there's not much out there for him to go up through to Kovalev and then onto the elite. Still think he wasted time on some absolute walkovers

Now Buatsi doesn't even have a faded Kovalev to test himself against. 

Have Buatsi and Yarde snookered themselves? They should have fought each other already and they should definitely do it soon. They have no reason to believe they could beat the likes of Bivol, Beterbiev. They need to build up and I can't see how? Gvodyk? High risk no money? Just got to fight each other?

The division is no mans land with two monsters hogging the belts 

According to the Bivol camp, they offered Buatsi a shot and £1.5 million guaranteed a year or so back, but Buatsi's camp, perhaps wisely, weren't interested. TBH, I think folk are sitting by the river hoping to 'see the body' of one of the Russians float by. One less monster out there would be better right? Probs not though, as that still leaves another monster lurking.

Anyway, Yarde the next fight for Buatsi apparently, 'on his way' to the winner of the Russian fight.

Good luck with that! 

Edited by Comrade 86

Carl Froch is growing on me. Still an arrogant knobber pretending that being an arrogant knobber is part of an act. But.... He's quite funny and a decent troll. 

I wanted to go to the tour him and Groves were doing last year or the year before. Mostly because I like Groves and their rivalry was good. But the price, if I remember was extortionate. That had Froch written all over it. Did anyone go? Any Froch fans here? 

14 minutes ago, Alph said:

Carl Froch is growing on me. Still an arrogant knobber pretending that being an arrogant knobber is part of an act. But.... He's quite funny and a decent troll. 

I wanted to go to the tour him and Groves were doing last year or the year before. Mostly because I like Groves and their rivalry was good. But the price, if I remember was extortionate. That had Froch written all over it. Did anyone go? Any Froch fans here? 

The gag were he pretends he would have beat Calzaghe was always my favourite.