Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Wheeeeey! I didn't put a single penny down on that fight. 🤣 😡

Sorry to the many fans of Callum and Liam Smith but they are soooo boring. They really don't react to anything. They don't change anything up. Who does Callum fight now? Does anybody care?

38 minutes ago, Alph said:

Wheeeeey! I didn't put a single penny down on that fight. 🤣 😡

Sorry to the many fans of Callum and Liam Smith but they are soooo boring. They really don't react to anything. They don't change anything up. Who does Callum fight now? Does anybody care?

Nooooooooooooooo!!! 

Ah, well you get bragging rights all the same. Don't think I've landed a round-by-round bet in my life 😂

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

God no, if it's anything like in footy anyway! It's kind of part and parcel anyway, I was just surprised to see Fury resort to that against a guy who'd never had a pro-fight in his life. Embarrassing more than anything, really.

Can you imagine the Dubois / Usyk fight getting referred to the monitors and someone in Stockley Park taking 15 minutes to decide whether or not it was a low blow. 

Agree on the Fury bit, he's instinctively a brawler out of the bare knuckle world. He got taken that fight, and probably had realised it by that point so, as I said, the instincts kicked in. Still awful.

I think Mikaela Mayer can consider herself hard done to there. Spent most of the fight on the front foot, clearly landed the bigger shots but came up short. Not going out on a limb and saying she was robbed, it was a close, close fight and you have to clearly win it when you are fighting the champ on their own turf. But she will fly home feeling she did enough - again!

4 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Didn't agree with the decision Jonas v Mayer. 

Had to laugh at the scoucers reaction to GSTK however 🤣 

Yeah, i said when they booed the Star Spangled Banner it was bad form, only for them to boo GTSK even louder.

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Yeah, i said when they booed the Star Spangled Banner it was bad form, only for them to boo GTSK even louder.

I’m surprised they were supporting Jonas with her Union Jack gloves on

12 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I think Mikaela Mayer can consider herself hard done to there. Spent most of the fight on the front foot, clearly landed the bigger shots but came up short. Not going out on a limb and saying she was robbed, it was a close, close fight and you have to clearly win it when you are fighting the champ on their own turf. But she will fly home feeling she did enough - again!

I thought Mayer was even more unlucky with the decision against Baumgardner, tonight’s fight was closer

Well, well, well. I was having a read up on views being expressed on the Joshua - Ngannou fight and it seems someone else shares the same concern I do about the fight. That said, it's only Teddy Atlas though, you know the guy who's been training since the 70s and worked with Cus D'Amato, so I think we can easily dunk on his casual observations 😂

image.thumb.png.cdbfea0066aa2071a9a8a230bbf5fe7c.png

More 'nothing comments' I guess 🫢

On 21/01/2024 at 00:07, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree. Very close fight and a great fight.

Jonas was a bit iucky imo. Technically she looked a bit snappier/cleverer with her punching, but Mayer never really appeared hurt and was hunting Jonas down, looked physically bigger and stronger and dominated her. Only one winner if it had gone on longer for me.

Edited by Chester40

33 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Jonas was a bit iucky imo. Technically she looked a bit snappier/cleverer with her punching, but Mayer never really appeared hurt and was hunting Jonas down, looked physically bigger and stronger and dominated her. Only one winner if it had gone on longer for me.

One judge had it 97-93 Jonas. I think he must have been watching a different fight to the one I saw.

I expect they'll meet again and hopefully we'll get another decent bout, but without the controversy this time.

Fury: Nobody who wears earrings will beat Tyson Fury

Usyk: This is Cossack tradition. Not fashion. They defend my country for many years against our enemies and they never lose. Ever

Fury: In your country it might mean you're a good fighting man. Where I'm from, it means you're a pussy with an earring

Tickled me anyway 

On 25/01/2024 at 10:46, Comrade 86 said:

Well, well, well. I was having a read up on views being expressed on the Joshua - Ngannou fight and it seems someone else shares the same concern I do about the fight. That said, it's only Teddy Atlas though, you know the guy who's been training since the 70s and worked with Cus D'Amato, so I think we can easily dunk on his casual observations 😂

image.thumb.png.cdbfea0066aa2071a9a8a230bbf5fe7c.png

More 'nothing comments' I guess 🫢

Atlas is senile, I find it hard to follow some of his chat sometimes because it just comes off as generalised rambling and he doesn't follow fights in the UK. This is the same guy that pulled a gun on Mike Tyson, he's always been a bit off in the head. His predictions are notoriuosly bad for years, people laugh about him on forums. Here's his last AJ pick:

image.thumb.png.7439e6bc61ab71caf5fce0d264a915c9.png

If AJ is chinny then Fury must be the Amir Khan of heavyweights. The criticism isn't equal, saying if a huge heavyweight with power hits someone on the chin they could go down is like saying if I shoot you in the head with a gun you'll probably die.

Ngannou didn't even hit Fury on the chin, grazed top of his head like Wilder did and put him down.

Edited by tomsdubs

Anybody watching the Crocker fight tonight? Looks an interesting prospect but could run in to the mexican curse. Didn't even think Felix was that special against Cully but his chin was out there all fight and he got chinned. Crocker should box his head off but Felix will be letting the bombs go from round one.

Munguia - Ryder went pretty much as I thought it would. Really enjoy watching Munguia he's a bit of a throwback fighter and always looking to land big shots. Ryder always been a bit too limited to win a title, got robbed against Callum Smith but I think our Zach Parker would have beat him handily if it was for the injury. Shame we could have had a big Parker fight at PP by now!

27 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Fury pulled out of the Usyk fight after a nasty cut. What a shock. Never had the intention of fighting Usyk and it's the second time he's pulled out. 

Awful bloke. 

Tbf it’s wide open cut right above the eye. Not sure if you’ve seen pictures but to heal in 2 weeks would be tough going.