DCFC Fans Revamp - Tips, Help, Praise and Moans

Day

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello @Daveo yep I can see the star when there is a new unread post in a thread and it works when I click it. Thanks! 

​For the @ mention to work you must click on the users name from the drop down menu that appears after you've started typing the members name otherwise it won't work

Why is there no options to view the full site on my mobile or tablet?

The forum uses one layout now, it's called responsive and basically what that does it resizes to the screen you are using. Rotate your iPad into landscape mode and it will look different to portrait. Not only is it clever but now you have all the same options on your mobile as you do when using the desktop.

Right I'm off to bed, I'll answer these questions now.

1. Likes are no longer being counted, no real need to have them counted just like Facebook don't. 
  2. Matchday Chat will not be available for tomorrow
  3. Tapatalk is still not available
  4. The colours are not nailed on yet, will be a slight adjustment here and there
  5. Forum may run a little slow for a while as it rebuilds the search index
  6. Search now I've set to cover the last 365 days, I may reduce or extend this depending on performance, if we have a lot of members searching through 700k posts it can get quite server intensive
  7. Wheres the members list? it's been removed by the software developers, wasn't my choice
  8. Is this it now? no, there will be smaller updates maybe every week which will fix initial little bugs and theres a few other little things I have up my sleeve to wow you hopefully with
  9. You don't like it? sorry about that, what don't you like and I will try and work with you on it
  10. This is ******* awesome Daveo how do I donate? I haven't found a place to add the button yet but here's a link for now https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EFM9PSQNJMPCW

bravo @Daveo, I for one appreciate the efforts you've gone to just to keep us with an awesome forum platform.

Certain things are taken for granted by us Derby fans (The quality of Radio Derby commentary/coverage and Jake Buxton to name but two), but only when you speak to fans of other teams, do you realise what you actually have.

Mates of mine who support other teams see me posting on this, even read the debates over my shoulder as I'm getting embroiled, and then sadly concede that they're looked for their version of this forum and it doesn't exist, there is a version, but not on par...

Once again. Bravo sir, and thanks.

It'll take some getting used to. There's a lot more going on on my little phone screen than there used to be. Good that we can see the amount of pages on a fhread and things like that though. 

I don't like change, me, but I'm sure I'll adjust. 

Good job @Daveo (ooo, that was clever). 

I've hit a snag. When I go to a thread, it used to take me to the first unread post on my phone, for some reason IT didn't on the desktop, but there was a 'first unread post' button. I can't seem to find that button now. 

So im having to navigate to the end of the thread and hope I can remember where I left off. There used to be a little double arrow to take you to the last or first page, but that doesn't seem to be there any more. 

I I could just be being blind though, someone will probably point sonething really obvious out now. 

Probably could've put all that in 2 bullet points - 'I would have written a shorter letter, but I didn't have the time'.

Archived