DCFC Fans Revamp - Tips, Help, Praise and Moans

Day

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no lettering inside the reply box, apart from a box and "Notify me of replies". it does not say reply to this topic , and nothing happens when I press to open my keyboard.

There is an error message saying "this needs attention " , but it does not say what .

Try clearing website data under safari in settings, might be something in there stuck from the old site that's causing the problems

Great work, it's going to take some getting used to but in time it will definitely be better.

Only glitch for me - the quote format hasn't carried over, so when I quoted @Daz_The_Ram a few days back it now doesn't show a quote.

Same with some images, and if you notice the Norwich ticket thread there's some bits missing from the opening post. We did have a character problem with the database that came about when moving server, created a few issues that caused the delay last night. On fixing looks like it knocked a few things out on the way

​Viewing on laptop and mobile, the quotes look especially clear. In fact, although it's a little spacey, the whole forum looks especially clear and easy to read.

There are some people complaining about iPads and Siri and stuff, but it folk are daft enough to buy Apple gear because they're told it's good, despite it being twice the price for half the spec, then they've brought it on themselves! :D

It looks nice enough Daveo.....but wow is it slow...taking me an age to load up any page.....

Poor 3G signal on top of the Alps?

Seriously tho I did mention it would be earlier in the thread, it's rebuilding topics/posts in the background in batches for the search and sending out the mass email I sent out earlier. Not too bad for me tho, try clearing website data under safari in settings, see if that helps

Well first impressions.... not good I'm afraid! :(  Hopefully you can tweak a few things as time goes on and the new features become useful.

• Quotes on old threads not showing as quoted has already been mentioned (which through me as I was halfway through reading a thread during the change and it made it almost impossible to read!).
  • As mentioned "unread posts" have not been carried over.  Annoying as that's the main way I browse the forum.  I mean seriously, how hard is it to write upgrade scripts that carry this over?!
  • The New Content/Recent Threads page.  It seems to work differently now: -
  • a. My old search preferences were lost.
  • b. Trying to tweak it to my old settings caused a new "search" with every change so a got "you have to wait X seconds to do another search" for about 2 minutes until it was close to what I had previously.
  • c. As I've said this is the main way a view the site so it's pretty important to me - the New Content page layout is awful.  About 30% of the width is allocated to the Content Type/Filters/Time Period section, 40% to the comment&view count/avatar/username section, leaving 30% to the most important thing - thread title.  So it then wraps to sometimes 3 or more lines... :wacko:
  • The above could be alleviated by not having the forced narrow page body that everyone loves these days (yeah why would anyone want to use the full width of the browser?).
  • Going to the next/previous page does what now?!  Jeez, if not causing a full page load sped things up then great, but it's as slow if not slower.  And why show still your current page but greyed-out?  Blank it and put a "loading..." twirly thing in forgodssake.  (I've thought for a  while now - the fact you pay for this forum software makes me think I should starting writing my own.)
  • That's after reading one thread so I may come back and add more later! ;)

I swear smart phones have been the worst thing to happen to the internet (problem: the web looks rubbish on smart phones, solution: make it look bad for everyone!).  Responsive web design just doesn't work (yet).   Strangely dcfcfans was the site I can think of that I actually used the mobile version of, almost all others I use "request desktop site", I'll see later whether the new homologated view looks ok on my mobile (not feeling optimistic at this point).

Wish I'd been on the beta. :ph34r:

Important note: Daveo - I'm know I'm venting here but it's definitely directed at the forum (ok, and all modern web-) developers, not you.  I totally appreciate the efforts you go to to give us the best footy forum there is.  But if you can solve some of my annoyances I'll give you a big kiss! :kiss:

@Daveo is there any way of making the quote look different from any additional comment you add. Looking in the "tomorrow we could go top thread", there seem to be a loads of quoting going on, but very hard to distinguish.

Just looked at the thread and the quotes are showing no different to other pages? What browser are you using?

Poor 3G signal on top of the Alps?

Seriously tho I did mention it would be earlier in the thread, it's rebuilding topics/posts in the background in batches for the search and sending out the mass email I sent out earlier. Not too bad for me tho, try clearing website data under safari in settings, see if that helps

​I'm getting the same problem I think. If its any help I'm using Google Chrome?

EDIT:I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like without the quotation box.

Untitled

​Can you give clear cache a try, just there shouldn't be any reason why it would be different per thread. I've just cleared the forum cache as well

It looks pretty good, few minor grumblings for now

When on the homepage it doesnt say DCFCFans on the tab, I know im being pedantic but deal with it

" class="ipsImage" src="http://i.gyazo.com/e7622c0b2c5ad500d00e0e889a97207f">

And this whole thing here "Forums -> Forums -> Derby County Forum", just a bit redundant.

" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" src="http://i.gyazo.com/5eb40f417dbf41ff253fef11f3de471e">

Aside from that its pretty good unless anything else pops up, the image posting is super smooth and awesome!

​The page title is now fixed, I apologise for the stress this may have caused :kiss:

Second part the top Forums is the main menu, we will have other items such as Matchday Chat and social media links on there soon, it's a link that navigates back to the homepage so is kinda essential where as the Forums below is the page title not a link, when you will be in the chat it will say Chat. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I haven't read the whole thread.

Thanks @Daveo for the update, it looks great on my laptop however I had some issues replying on my phone. Firstly, no matter how many times I tapped the top right hand corner for the menu to view notifications, nothing happened.

Also it wouldnt let me click in to the text box to reply, meaning I could only read and nothing else.

It's a bit slow & unresponsive on my phone but I understand thats to do with the website catching up with the update or something along those lines. Good work.

Archived