Buxton

McMuffin

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Buxton make a mistake last night that lead to Rotheram scoring?

Their first goal he was being fouled, can hardly blame him for not winning the header when hes got a player jumping on his back.

The difference between Buxton & Keogh is that Keogh makes at least 2/3 mistakes every game, and its usually his mistakes that lead to the opposition scoring.

Buxton on the other hand makes minimal mistakes, and when he does, his errors are minor and do not cause us to concede as often.

First goal was BUCKO fault that's a FACT.

am I getting the goals confused. Their first was Paul Green in the middle of the area all alone, with Forsyth behind him? Yeah? Or am I wrong? To me, I would apportion blame between all whichever central defender wanders under the ball, and Forsyth for not being aware of Green's run.

Incorrect.

So, when Green drifted off Forsyth to poke in the goal, it wasn't his fault?

Buxton was jumped over and beaten to the ball, but Forsyth was caught ball watching and forgot he was marking Green.

You don't have to put a goal down to one person's mistake - most of the time it's a collective effort.

First goal, Buxton was battled and lost his header, if he had gone down, like Martin, he would have won the free kick and the Rotherham player would have lost his balance. He just wasn't street wise. However, Forsyth has been caught daydreaming and Green has just peeled off him for the goal. Forsyth should have blocked the ball from ever reaching Green.

The second goal is a one man error - Grant

The third goal is a three person error - Grant, Keogh and Omar.

Omar's header is weak, the ball didn't sit right and he has misjudged it. Nevertheless, Keogh has completely lost his head and just took a wild swing at the ball and missed. I said earlier, a smarter defender would have seen Derbyshire running through and stood him up; a better defender wouldn't have missed the kick. Grant has been beaten by a weak shot straight at him. It's hard to place blame on keepers sometimes but if someone hits a low power shot straight at you and it goes in then you have to admit you've had a mare.

I think it's important that we focus as much on the easy chances missed as well as the defence.

Ward's shot that he passed wide (it was shown on SSN) was unbelievably bad. I heard that we had a few similar incidents. These are as bad as defensive mistakes, IMO.

I was at the game and yes Ward's chance was easy and he should have hit the target but when you score 3 goals away from home there is only one set of players responsible and that is the defence.

I think bucko will be d opped.

However I also think centre half's are a pairing, and perhaps an albentosa Keogh or alby bucko might prove more effective as a pair?

Along with the "r"?

I think Bucko will be doped. And he'll have to use engine oil as a substitute for his tainted urine.

Whoscored is your basic go to for stats.

I've got an opta DB that can filter through all the guff to get what I want.

Does it have a stat for number of passes/touches with an individual foot? Whoscored isn't very good when you want to see if a player's one footed or not.

Did Buxton make a mistake last night that lead to Rotheram scoring?

Their first goal he was being fouled, can hardly blame him for not winning the header when hes got a player jumping on his back.

The difference between Buxton & Keogh is that Keogh makes at least 2/3 mistakes every game, and its usually his mistakes that lead to the opposition scoring.

Buxton on the other hand makes minimal mistakes, and when he does, his errors are minor and do not cause us to concede as often.

This is such an ill-conceived and general comment, and exactly the sort that alludes to fact rather than the inaccurate reflection of the game it actually is.

Here is some homework. Go and look back at every goal Derby have conceded this season and come back on here and prove that it "is usually [Keogh's] his mistakes that lead to the opposition scoring". Mind-blowing.

That was down to RD - they mentioned Buxton winning his battles quite a lot.

So you thought keogh was poor based upon listening to the radio? Is it not ironic that you call some of our fans ***** yet you are more than happy to place a judgement of a player based upon radio Derby?

Personally I think Buxton doesn't make many mistakes because he is never in the right position in the first place, take Saturday for example he was nowhere near yakbu when he scored....

So you thought keogh was poor based upon listening to the radio? Is it not ironic that you call some of our fans ***** yet you are more than happy to place a judgement of a player based upon radio Derby?

Personally I think Buxton doesn't make many mistakes because he is never in the right position in the first place, take Saturday for example he was nowhere near yakbu when he scored....

You're right! Buxton was no where near Yakubu when he scored... He was on the bench and never came on. 

Boo Jake Buxton...  :lol:  :lol:

Also, I'll watch the game on Ramsplayer but I said that's what it sounded like listening to RD. I called some of our fans ***** for constantly berating players. You've just blamed Buxton for a goal he wasn't even on the pitch for. 

So, when Green drifted off Forsyth to poke in the goal, it wasn't his fault?

Buxton was jumped over and beaten to the ball, but Forsyth was caught ball watching and forgot he was marking Green.

You don't have to put a goal down to one person's mistake - most of the time it's a collective effort.

First goal, Buxton was battled and lost his header, if he had gone down, like Martin, he would have won the free kick and the Rotherham player would have lost his balance. He just wasn't street wise. However, Forsyth has been caught daydreaming and Green has just peeled off him for the goal. Forsyth should have blocked the ball from ever reaching Green.

The second goal is a one man error - Grant

The third goal is a three person error - Grant, Keogh and Omar.

Omar's header is weak, the ball didn't sit right and he has misjudged it. Nevertheless, Keogh has completely lost his head and just took a wild swing at the ball and missed. I said earlier, a smarter defender would have seen Derbyshire running through and stood him up; a better defender wouldn't have missed the kick. Grant has been beaten by a weak shot straight at him. It's hard to place blame on keepers sometimes but if someone hits a low power shot straight at you and it goes in then you have to admit you've had a mare.

At no point during that goal was Forsyth marking Green. You might argue that he should have been, but Bent was tracking Green and then just stopped, leaving him unmarked. Forsyth moved to track a runner to the left (Smallwood?), which left a gap that Green exploited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t9D9OFlDeY

Archived