Buxton

McMuffin

So you thought keogh was poor based upon listening to the radio? Is it not ironic that you call some of our fans ***** yet you are more than happy to place a judgement of a player based upon radio Derby?

Personally I think Buxton doesn't make many mistakes because he is never in the right position in the first place, take Saturday for example he was nowhere near yakbu when he scored....

Is there a poll for the most subtle trolling ever posted? 

It's a good point and exceptionally well-made - especially because you neglected to mention that Buxton did not take part in the Reading cup tie.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a poll for the most subtle trolling ever posted?

It's a good point and exceptionally well-made - especially because you neglected to mention that Buxton did not take part in the Reading cup tie.

Did I ?

He was on the bench though which is closer than sitting at home listening on the radio and berating four of our five defensive players.

Maybe I should have blamed Steve for hugging the yak before he came on, might have been a bit more subtle :-)

At no point during that goal was Forsyth marking Green. You might argue that he should have been, but Bent was tracking Green and then just stopped, leaving him unmarked. Forsyth moved to track a runner to the left (Smallwood?), which left a gap that Green exploited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t9D9OFlDeY

How bizarre. I've just watched it and it's not even Buxton's man that wins the header; he's being pinned down by someone else. 

It's a definite foul in that case. 

I'm not sure who you place blame on after re-watching it. I'd guess it's Bent's fault. Maybe Christie, actually. I think it's his man that eventually wins the header and he's the one playing Green onside. 

Did I ?

He was on the bench though which is closer than sitting at home listening on the radio and berating four of our five defensive players.

Maybe I should have blamed Steve for hugging the yak before he came on, might have been a bit more subtle :-)

You're looking for a bite, and I'm not going to provide one. I haven't seen the game yet, I said before I posted that this is what Radio Derby made the game sound like. I did not at any point claim to have watched the game and then pass judgement. I've watched every game this season, thanks to Ramsplayer, and when the full 90 comes on - hopefully tonight - I'll watch it then pass judgement. 

I'm not a big fan of many people's judgements on here, simply because we have 4/5 scapegoats and it's easy to be influenced by the crowd. Well, I say 4/5 scapegoats but I think it's even more than that. In recent weeks on here I've seen people rubbish the following:  Christie, Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Warnock, Mascarell, Hendrick, Bryson Ward and Dawkins. I think, for the first time in a few months, Dawkins is back in the appreciation zone. 

If you think over the course of the season, we've had pretty much all bar Martin (unless you count Ninos) and Grant criticised at some point. Russell and Hughes were criticised at the start of the season, too. 

I just think we've got some poisonous fans. I guarantee there would be boos on Saturday if we lose. If you're in any doubt, Keogh's wife has been slated on Twitter for her Husband's form. If you want to act like that, support a big side that win often, I appreciate both Keogh and Buxton for what they are. Of course, I want them to be better players but they are what they are. I'll never slate anyone for their ability. Lack of effort, lack of thought or lack of dicipline are the only things I would vocally vent my frustration at. 

I've watched all the goals again and here's my definitive 'who's to blame' piece

First goal - Horror show from Christie. I'd quite like to see the whole passage of play, how did he get in that position? I think Forsyth has to know to cover as well so I'm giving him some of the blame. Christie - 70%, Forsyth - 30%

Second goal - Definitive foul by Ince and a stupid one to give away. Grant flapped. Ince - 10%, Grant - 90%.

Third goal - Poor by Omar, even worse by Keogh. Grant probably should have saved it. Keogh - 50%, Mascarell - 40%, Grant - 10%.

So there you go. Your official Derby County scapegoat, as sponsored by RLACML, for last night is Lee Grant.  

I can't deny I am utterly suspicious of anyone with Leeds or Yorkshire in their screen name. And if not suspicious, I don't associate them with an attacking flair of football that is 100% what Derby are about.  

I love this forum. I can only compare it to living with 50 schizophrenics in a House of Mirrors with strobe lighting on.

That's really clever. Did you think of that all by yourself? If so, I am jealous.

I take offence to this. I'm a schizophrenic...

No you're not. Yes I am. He is you know.

If you are from Rodley, it must be a release spending 50% of your time in "another dimension". There is a 50/50 chance you won't take further offence at this.

The point I was making was Keogh, Buxton, Brayford and Roberts all looked very solid through-out the game, sounds bizarre as we conceded 5 goals but that's how I know who went to the game and who didn't - people are just reacting to the score and making a judgement when as someone else has already said, it wasn't the case.

Nothing against you, and I don't claim to be a very good fan... Im just trying to stop people from making judgement who wasn't there and didn't see what actually was a good defensive display until we disrupted it by subs, an incredible midfield performance, one of the best I have ever seen and a lot of effort put in upfront!

I'm not looking for a bite, maybe this poster has a better explanation of what I meant about you criticising the majority of the defensive players :-)

I can't deny I am utterly suspicious of anyone with Leeds or Yorkshire in their screen name. And if not suspicious, I don't associate them with an attacking flair of football that is 100% what Derby are about.

And I'm suspicious of anyone who don't rate Martin :-)

How bizarre. I've just watched it and it's not even Buxton's man that wins the header; he's being pinned down by someone else. 

It's a definite foul in that case. 

I'm not sure who you place blame on after re-watching it. I'd guess it's Bent's fault. Maybe Christie, actually. I think it's his man that eventually wins the header and he's the one playing Green onside. 

Durban. Always blame Durban.

This is such an ill-conceived and general comment, and exactly the sort that alludes to fact rather than the inaccurate reflection of the game it actually is.

Here is some homework. Go and look back at every goal Derby have conceded this season and come back on here and prove that it "is usually [Keogh's] his mistakes that lead to the opposition scoring". Mind-blowing.

Nobody says that "it's usually a Keogh mistake that leads to opposition scoring", show me where that has been said. 

My opinion is that he makes more mistakes than anyone else, and in the bigger games, and that too many for a leader/captain.

So, when Green drifted off Forsyth to poke in the goal, it wasn't his fault?

Buxton was jumped over and beaten to the ball, but Forsyth was caught ball watching and forgot he was marking Green.

You don't have to put a goal down to one person's mistake - most of the time it's a collective effort.

First goal, Buxton was battled and lost his header, if he had gone down, like Martin, he would have won the free kick and the Rotherham player would have lost his balance. He just wasn't street wise. However, Forsyth has been caught daydreaming and Green has just peeled off him for the goal. Forsyth should have blocked the ball from ever reaching Green.

The second goal is a one man error - Grant

The third goal is a three person error - Grant, Keogh and Omar.

Omar's header is weak, the ball didn't sit right and he has misjudged it. Nevertheless, Keogh has completely lost his head and just took a wild swing at the ball and missed. I said earlier, a smarter defender would have seen Derbyshire running through and stood him up; a better defender wouldn't have missed the kick. Grant has been beaten by a weak shot straight at him. It's hard to place blame on keepers sometimes but if someone hits a low power shot straight at you and it goes in then you have to admit you've had a mare.

Not in any way was Grant fault for the third. Let's give a striker credit at times when he hits a perfect finish.

Archived