Superstitions

Pip McStudly

So last night I get home from work about 8pm and I've been listening to the first 15 minutes on the car stereo; I've got it turned up quite loud and before I get out the car I figure I'd best turn it down or when I turn it on in the morning it'll be way too loud. I quickly turn the dial and it settles at 13, I look at it a second and think to myself, that can't be good but then I tell myself it's only Rotherham so it'll be alright.

At 3-1 down I find myself sneaking out the house to go out to the car and turn the volume up to 14, when I come back in Steve's made 3 excellent substitutions and we find our way back in to the game.

...You're welcome.

Anyone else find themselves doing irrational things to try and help the team?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to try and not listen to away games as we always seem to draw or lose when I listen.. Lately since we have been doing well I thought to listen to Bourn. and Rotherham. I rest my case.

The old man squeezes one ear for good luck with attack and the other for defence.. He's stopped to only certain games now mainly when a lot is on the line.

So 13 is 3-1 backwards, and 14 is 13+1 which, when multiplied by the number of substitutions made and the number of miles it takes to drive to Rotherham, gives us a whole new number, and if we take into account the frequency of FM radio, and....wait, what car were you driving?

I had an old, wanchope-era team scarf I wore all last season... Bought two new ones ahead of the playoff final and (having worn all 3) refused to wear the new ones again as they were obviously cursed...

However I have now changed that position since I was wearing the older scarf when we lost to forest...

I have been fluctuating between shaving and not shaving every time we lose.  Currently on not shaving, although amassed quite a beard earlier in season...

Also, I always wear the same shirt to the match and don't wash it until we lose, then it's a different shirt and the other one gets the bad luck washed out.

Archived