Superstitions

Pip McStudly

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am crippled by the superstition of having to wear the same colour underpants on a matchday as the teams shorts. I.e. Black if its a home game etc.

This superstition started in the late 80s and worked pretty well under Arthur Cox when my strategic selection of blue pants (home) and white pants (away) saw us climb to a lofty 5th place finish.

Unfortunately the following season, the buffoons decided to not only revert bacK to black shorts, but also chose an away kit of black and silver shirts with bright red shorts.  Come on, who has a pair of bright red underpants eh! !? I also didn't have a pair of black ones either and the result was our relegation in 91.

I have been able to ward off much of the evil in the following years by purchasing several pairs of black under grundies, however the array of different coloured away shorts including yellow, sky blue, purple, burgundy and evwn that luminous green has seen us fair with mixed fortunes since then.

The secret to promotion can be unlocked this season. If only they would  switch to dark green paisley swooshes.....

I am crippled by the superstition of having to wear the same colour underpants on a matchday as the teams shorts. I.e. Black if its a home game etc.

This superstition started in the late 80s and worked pretty well under Arthur Cox when my strategic selection of blue pants (home) and white pants (away) saw us climb to a lofty 5th place finish.

Unfortunately the following season, the buffoons decided to not only revert bacK to black shorts, but also chose an away kit of black and silver shirts with bright red shorts.  Come on, who has a pair of bright red underpants eh! !? I also didn't have a pair of black ones either and the result was our relegation in 91.

I have been able to ward off much of the evil in the following years by purchasing several pairs of black under grundies, however the array of different coloured away shorts including yellow, sky blue, purple, burgundy and evwn that luminous green has seen us fair with mixed fortunes since then.

The secret to promotion can be unlocked this season. If only they would  switch to dark green paisley swooshes.....

Archived