Assombalonga out for 12 months !!!

LesterRam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imo regardless if the guy plays for your rival or you just generally do not like them,you should never wish injury or if not wish, laugh about it.What if same thing happened to one of your own or even yourself?

A good example:When I was in High School,this guy on our rivals team(American Football) constantly bad mouthed us and had several late hits on some on my team the times we played them(And some fans of his team cheered these hits).In general,yes he was a knob and no one of us really cared for him.

Well my Senior year,he attempted to make a tackle and ended up badly breaking his leg.Did any of us smirk at this? Well no we did not,especially seeing him cry in pain and his mother crouched down beside him crying as well.However tbh some of our fans(The students who didnt play sports started some awful chants) and were quickly put in their place by other fans and us along with our coaches;no sense in that.

My main point is regardless of what other fans do or say about your own player,I think it makes you the better man to wish the guy a good recovery.

Don't expect everyone to agree,just my perspective.

Horrible injury, a great player on his day and arguably the best striker in the league.

Hope he recovers well so we can take him off their hands next January.

Best striker in the league?

He wouldn't improve our team because of how we play so not sure how you come to that conclusion?

I'd say he's perhaps the best finisher in the league, well until Bent showed up.

I do think he's a good player and will be a huge loss to Forest. Knees are such a horrible area to injure as well. To get a 12 month diagnosis, it must be more Barker than Thorne.

ACL injuries are said to be 6 to 9 months - max!

Imo regardless if the guy plays for your rival or you just generally do not like them,you should never wish injury or if not wish, laugh about it.What if same thing happened to one of your own or even yourself?

A good example:When I was in High School,this guy on our rivals team(American Football) constantly bad mouthed us and had several late hits on some on my team the times we played them(And some fans of his team cheered these hits).In general,yes he was a knob and no one of us really cared for him.

Well my Senior year,he attempted to make a tackle and ended up badly breaking his leg.Did any of us smirk at this? Well no we did not,especially seeing him cry in pain and his mother crouched down beside him crying as well.However tbh some of our fans(The students who didnt play sports started some awful chants) and were quickly put in their place by other fans and us along with our coaches;no sense in that.

My main point is regardless of what other fans do or say about your own player,I think it makes you the better man to wish the guy a good recovery.

Don't expect everyone to agree,just my perspective.

Good film that was. Remember the Titans? No I remember, it was Friday Night Lights ... no no, that's not it, it was Varsity Blues ... oh no what was i thinking, it was Angels in the End Zone! 

I'd say he's perhaps the best finisher in the league, well until Bent showed up.

I do think he's a good player and will be a huge loss to Forest. Knees are such a horrible area to injure as well. To get a 12 month diagnosis, it must be more Barker than Thorne.

ACL injuries are said to be 6 to 9 months - max!

I would agree with him being a good finisher.  Also, I recall reading that he ruptured his patellar, so a kneecap related injury not ACL. I think its worse than ACL

Every time I hear his name I remember the match where he got a Derby player a red card and laid there grinning on the grass,cant remember our player,was it Johny Russell,well I said at the time that I hoped someone gave him a good clattering,he's got his come uppance

Sadly, if you emulate (copy, for those less erudite amongst us) a great player of the calibre of Christiano Ronaldo, you probably imbibe some of the less savoury aspects of his style of play. Even when playing against a good friend like Rooney!

I notice Dougie has already learnt how to talk sausage like a Forest manager - saying its a shame he got injured as he felt "he could have improved his game". But now he can't, so we won't know if he was that good a striker coach. Oh Dougie, just don't.

I would agree with him being a good finisher.  Also, I recall reading that he ruptured his patellar, so a kneecap related injury not ACL. I think its worse than ACL

It will be his ligaments, too. I guarantee it. I doubt it would be anything past 6 months otherwise.

Barker did his ligaments and kneecap. It sounds very similar. Barks was initially ruled out for 12-16 months wasn't he?

I don't think I know you coconut, and I doubt we work together or you have any impact on my life whatsoever, but if you posted on here that you've hurt yourself, and your treatment requires surgery, your recovery will involve long periods of rehabilitation and your life will be one monotonous period of self-doubt, solitude and worthlessness, whilst the world moves on around you and everyone else seems to have purpose in their life, I'd genuinely and sincerely feel sorry for you and wish you a speedy recovery.

I would give a toss if a fellow poster hurt themselves too

By virtue oif being a regular poster who's opinions I've read, agreed or disagreed and had some sort of interaction with, someone does sort of become part of my 'online life' so to speak and as such it's not really comparable

I notice Dougie has already learnt how to talk sausage like a Forest manager - saying its a shame he got injured as he felt "he could have improved his game". But now he can't, so we won't know if he was that good a striker coach. Oh Dougie, just don't.

That perhaps means there will be another couple of managers come and go before Assombalonga returns and he won't get chance to coach him again!!

He'll be out for 2-3 years then if it's like Bark's knock, ouch

It'll be just over a year. Barker's knee was a one-off case. They said that they hadn't seen damage like that outside of road accidents. I don't think Britt will have done every ligament in his knee like Barks! I hope not anyway.

It'll be just over a year. Barker's knee was a one-off case. They said that they hadn't seen damage like that outside of road accidents. I don't think Britt will have done every ligament in his knee like Barks! I hope not anyway.

Barkers injury is more of an American Football injury

Archived