Jesse Lingard

mikeyoung

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it always Sam Rush on the phone doing the deals, or is it Chris Evans as well. Whoever is doing the business is a dam rock star. Always gets his man every time!

Lingard has signed a three and half year deal with United, apparently. So, a loan deal until the end of the season.

Both players are ridiculous signings. Lingard was the main reason Brighton hit the play-offs last season, in my opinion. He scored 10 goals in 30 games despite moving between two different sides, playing different systems. Ince was incredibly prolific for Blackpool - as I've mentioned time and time again - so it's an insane coup. 

Both players are versatile to a point as well. I'm made up by both these signings - I've said before that these would have been my choices. 

This is why I picked Ambitious as my Fantasty Forum Manager ... ha!

So with Lingard & Ince, once Russell's fit does that mean either Ward or dawkins are surplus to requirements and will be loaned out?

Can't see us needing 5 wide players!

Lingard and Ince could play in the middle. Dawkins too. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell out for a bit longer than expected - effectively three months (late April) hence the two signings. 

Thorne to come back too. Ahhhhhhhhh I'm like a bag of sweets in a fat kid shop. 

how do you think Will Hughes is feeling right now?

Been the shining star and carrying the hopes of so many on his young shoulders, now he's got a couple of playmates that could be on the same wavelength.

Signed a new 3 year contract there today. Was also starting for them before getting injured.

Largely due to injuries, he's not a CL player which United will be next season.

I'd expect the new contract will be so they can get a bigger fee for when they sell him

What a great bit of business both Lingard and Ince could turn out to be. Very exciting to see what both of them can bring to the side. 
To be honest, I'm quite excited by all the signings we've made this transfer window. It feels like we've really made an effort to up the standard of player in the squad. 

Lingard and Ince could play in the middle. Dawkins too. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell out for a bit longer than expected - effectively three months (late April) hence the two signings. 

No chance on that, Amb It was a hamstring. 4-6 weeks max, thats it. JR will be back soon. Ince has to be with a possible view to perm. Ince and JR are here to stay i am guessing, assuming Ince delivers. Lingard essentially gives us cover for JR while out plus 2 months, and replaces the Ibe factor.

Archived