Jesse Lingard

mikeyoung

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excited about the statement this sends out to our rivals more than I am about the player himself. Based on the team's form at the back end of last season, I doubt Ince or Lingard would have got a kick given our players' form but they're both brilliant options.

I said somewhere earlier (could've been in any of about 2353 threads!) that we've done all this business, actual improvements to our squad every single one, for less than our main rival was prepared to pay for someone virtually untried and untested!

No, it's not his game at all. In fact, I would suggest LVG bombed a load of ket before making it but it's testament to his ability. He's an attacking midfielder but he's very clever with the ball. He'll have a high pass success rate and he will create more chances than he will have shots. He likes to cut inside and will be dangerous on the edge of the box. 

Lingard and Ince would work very well together. One provides the edge, the other provides the balance. Both on their day are match winners. 

i was joking really. p.s. i believe you hoof ket, not bomb it. 

I think Lindgaard, Ince and Hughes would have played together for England under 21s.

Also Lindgaard is very versitle he can play up top, on the wings and I am sure I have seen him centre mid aswell.

Great signings.  We would be gutted if these two had gone to Boro, Ipswich, or Bournemouth

Thought I'd have a look at the goal he scored against us ... but I'd forgotten just how good those saves by Grant were.

Thanks for reposting this Gladys. Great stuff.

I was just thinking the other day how different religious symbols would be if the Romans used the execution method preferred by Vlad the Impaler

Cock-shaped

Is he allowed to play in fa cup game? He was on the bench against Yeovil but didn't played. Wasn't included against Cambridge... Anyone know? Ince is cup tied though.

Is he allowed to play in fa cup game? He was on the bench against Yeovil but didn't played. Wasn't included against Cambridge... Anyone know? Ince is cup tied though.

If he didn't play, he is eligible. FA Cup rule 15 (g)

Can anyone name a talented younger player who cannot get into a Premiership side who would not have come here if we had sent Sam and Chris after them. It is very simple-

Option 1. Play for your U21s and get a few minutes in some games for your Premiership side

Option 2. Come to Derby to play in highly competitive games and probably walk off with a Championship Winners medal or worst scenario, get a game at Wembley and lift a Cup.

Let me think about it. Derby County it is then.

Next season if we are promoted -  Ok Derby County it is then, to get games in the first team.

Lingard has had the most recent success at championship level so I think he may be less of a gamble than ince. Ince will be trying to get his career back on track, like Darren bent.

If not for his injury he would probably be in the United first team right now. Has a great goal and assist record for whoever he has played for, most notably United U21s and United in pre-season. I'm very excited about this signing!

Archived