Jesse Lingard

mikeyoung

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Lingaard score 4 for Brum on his debut and then later scored against us in the playoff semi for Brighton?

Yes. 

He's a conservative winger too. He's like a much-improved Dawkins. LVG played him at RWB which is just credit to his overall ability and versatility! 

3 5 2 again?

No, it's not his game at all. In fact, I would suggest LVG bombed a load of ket before making it but it's testament to his ability. He's an attacking midfielder but he's very clever with the ball. He'll have a high pass success rate and he will create more chances than he will have shots. He likes to cut inside and will be dangerous on the edge of the box. 

Lingard and Ince would work very well together. One provides the edge, the other provides the balance. Both on their day are match winners. 

Excited about the statement this sends out to our rivals more than I am about the player himself. Based on the team's form at the back end of last season, I doubt Ince or Lingard would have got a kick given our players' form but they're both brilliant options.

This Lingard saga seems to be exciting so many posters. Why? As I've posted earlier I've seen him 3 times and not been overly impressed

Once in the supermarket, once in the petrol station and once buying flowers for his gran? Obviously the three times you saw him wasn't when he was playing football!

Archived