Would it be good for Brentford to go up?

davenportram

He's mates with him isn't he? He said when he signed that he spoke to Jota as a friend and asked him what the Championship and what Derby are like and he told him that the Championship is a good place to play the game.

Jota was signed from Eibar.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it would be a bit of a catch 22 at this moment of time. They would have to do a lot of work on their ground to bring it up to Premier League standards (they still have a standing terrace, for a start) and this would definitely take away a large chunk of funds needed to strengthen the squad. Then given the improvements, would they benefit if they came straight back down?

Isn't Brentford getting a new stadium soon anyway ?

I would hope so despite it being genuinely old school - we went away this year and it reminded me so much of Cheltenham Town's ground (league 2)... which probably isn't a good thing.

Can't see them going up via the autos but should be in and around the play offs. They did a right job on us away :mellow:

It would be fantastic if Brentford went up, although not instead of us obviously. But isn't that why we love football - no one should have a right to be in the top tier, you earn it, and if an underdog does it all the more special.

I'd say the question's a little patronizing. In professional sport everyone should want togo as far as they can. This is a tough league and Brentford have shown they deserve to be contenders and can compete despite lower turnover. If they can do it in this league, why not in the one above?

Besides, any team building a new stadium has to perform a financial juggling act - it would be so very good for Brentford to have the Prem money to help build the new ground.

And now I'm going to spoil everything by also saying there'd be just a chance they might beat our record!

stupid errors.. both by the lad Dean and then the keeper. Why is he going to ground there? Stay on your feet! 

Jota looks a real tidy player, though. Best player on the pitch. 

No Think you'll find Pritchard was best player on the pitch.

I can think of 3 good reasons:-

1 - They play good football, so if they were promoted it would be purely on merit

2 - Would give hope to other teams as if would demonstrate that you don't need to spend millions to work your way up the football pyramid

3 - It would really p155 the Premier League off. Shows that they are already worried if they are sending representatives to look at their ground. Arrogant tosspots

No its who spends the most money that earns you the right to be in the Top tier

No it does not.Brentford has not spent hardly anything and I think they have a legit shot at promotion via playoffs.

Getting to Prem is a privilege due to hard work and perserverance not having the right.

Archived